cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7pxXAamdgo
Constellation

No Samsung Messages notifications in Android Auto with Advanced Messaging turned on.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S8 on latest software.

With Advanced Messaging turned on, there's no Android Auto Samsung Messages notifications on Android Pie.

Someone pointing out on a Google forum, that Samsung Messages audio and visual notifications started working again with Android Auto on Android Pie with their Galaxy 10+, once they turned off Samsung Messages Advanced Messaging.

Indeed. It works too with my Galaxy S8. I get audio and visual Samsung Messages notifications in Android Auto once I turn off Advanced Messaging.

When will Samsung fix this bug? Or, where can I submit for this bug? It's annoying to have to turn off Advanced Messaging each time before we launch Android Auto.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No Samsung Messages notifications in Android Auto with Advanced Messaging turned on.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7pxXAamdgo The stock messenger app is not compatible with android. Android messages would be recommended. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
user7pxXAamdgo
Constellation

Re: No Samsung Messages notifications in Android Auto with Advanced Messaging turned on.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It does not even look like you can set up an automation to turn off Advanced Messaging automatically when Android Auto launches.

Still hoping for the proper fix from Samsung.

We should not have to turn off Advanced Messaging to get our notifications in Android Auto.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7pxXAamdgo The stock messenger app is not compatible with android. Android messages would be recommended. 

View solution in original post