cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userKj25W1EqmJ
Asteroid

No auto rotate since the latest update?

The May 19 update was marked for camera stability and security. Since installing NO screens auto rotate. The auto rotate icon is no longer in the pull down options. I can find no options in settings. Carrier is EE UK if that is relevant.
7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No auto rotate since the latest update?

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

userKj25W1EqmJ
Asteroid

Re: No auto rotate since the latest update?

So, a supposedly official Samsung support person using a pathetic excuse to dodge answering a support question? The implication is that you have no answer. An honest "not a clue" would have been more appropriate.

Can you send a screenshot of your pull-down options?

Can you send a screenshot of your pull-down options?

userKj25W1EqmJ
Asteroid

Re: Can you send a screenshot of your pull-down options?

Screenshot_20190527-003559_reddit is fun.jpgScreenshot_20190527-003607_reddit is fun.jpg

Thank you for looking at these.

userAei9UTJfP4
Constellation

I saw your post as I had the same issue and not much information to be found. Saw your screen shots and noticed you have a lot more shortcuts than my US version Note 8. With that, and seeing how the gear cog is useless and the search inside the cog is the same, I hit the 3 dots to the right of the gear cog and selected 'button order' and low and behold the sacred 'auto-rotation' icon was the first one waiting to be dragged back to where it belongs. Hope that works for you. - Cheers! 

userKj25W1EqmJ
Asteroid

Sorry that you do not have so many options. Nope, no Autorotete button available.
userKj25W1EqmJ
Asteroid

SOLVED! (No thanks to Samsung support) It appears that the Autorotate button is no longer called Autorotate once it has been tapped !!???!!! At some point I must have accidentally tapped it so it decided to grey itself out and be called "Portrait". What form of moronic logic is that? Why not "Autorotate" Blue/Grey for On/Off. I had a screenshot ready to post but this dog slow steam driven board now does not seem to have that option at the moment, SHEESH! Thanks for all that helped (unlike the Samsung support bod).