cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Umar1479
Constellation

No visual pop up notification on lock screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just switched from ios and on my new s8 I can't seem to configure pop up notifications while my screen is locked. I can hear the audible notification but nothing shows so I have to unlock phone and open the app to see a message or email etc

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: No visual pop up notification on lock screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys! You can easily change lock screen notifications settings on Samsung galaxy S8 devices. In galaxy S8 and galaxy S8 plus device, you can see two options for set lock screen notifications, one is hide content and another is notifications icons only. These settings can be found withing Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Notifications. You can also customize what apps you actually receive notifications from and which ones will show content or just the icon when your screen is locked:

Disable app notifications on galaxy S8.JPG

Hide content on Samsung galaxy S8

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

20 REPLIES 20
Klopus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly same problem! Switched from iOS (though I had prior Android expereince). Just want to see notifications on a lock screen and can't seem to find where to enable it. I remeber on my old Motorola phones it was normal as on iOS.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys! You can easily change lock screen notifications settings on Samsung galaxy S8 devices. In galaxy S8 and galaxy S8 plus device, you can see two options for set lock screen notifications, one is hide content and another is notifications icons only. These settings can be found withing Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Notifications. You can also customize what apps you actually receive notifications from and which ones will show content or just the icon when your screen is locked:

Disable app notifications on galaxy S8.JPG

Hide content on Samsung galaxy S8

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Umar1479
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had those settings enabled yet it wasn't working. But somehow im getting notifications on the lock screen now. So I'm all good. 

Highlighted
userH8xFJ8M73e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having some issue with s9+, just switch from iOS.  Nothing seems working as tried mentioned suggestion. 

userhHJzhKhj48
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing have i 

Just the sound when notified but no the visual effect

If somebody can help

Thank you in advance 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userhHJzhKhj48, did this begin after you downloaded an app? Is the notification on the lock screen all day or does it go away and come back? 

userhHJzhKhj48
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought it two days ago 

Passed from iphone to samsung s8 

So i can't tell you about the time , before apps was installed or after 

But now i hear just the sound of the app

it stays on the screen after i look cause no visual effect seen 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhHJzhKhj48 Just to confirm, did you check your settings as @SamsungMel suggested previously? 

userhHJzhKhj48
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to send you a screen shot but i don' t know how

Actually i have all the notifications ON and LockScreen hide content OFF and icons only OFF