cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Not getting text notifications for one contact?

Galaxy S8 Active: for some reason I'm not getting notifications when my wife texts me, it started around the most recent update (might be coincidental).  I get notifications for everyone else... when I open the text app, there is a bell icon with a strike through it below the text time/date on her message; I've tried turning "custom notifications" on, with all notification options enabled/on, with no change (it's off for everyone else)... I can't make that icon go away, and of course I'm not getting her texts in a timely manner. It does not appear next to any other texts. If it matters, our phones are on the same plan. We have never had this issue before the last couple of weeks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Not getting text notifications for one contact?

I am having the same issue with my husband's texts. Everything is exactly the same as everyone else's. I also deleted all information from phone and google. That worked last night but again today I'm not getting his text. Did you get any resolution?
Highlighted
Asteroid

Nope, finding nothing. I'm guessing your phones are on the same plan as well? I wonder if that has something to do with it, causing a glitch, maybe from the most recent security update...

Highlighted
Asteroid

Looks like I found it; if you open the text thread with the problem contact, click on the 3 dots at the top right, then look at the far bottom-right corner, there should be a bell... this is a mute button. This appears to have fixed my problem, although I'm still not sure how it got muted to begin with.