cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_sbJv8x5
Astronaut

Notification icons popping up in the middle of the screen

Every time I get any kind of notification an app icon shows up on the screen and I can't figure out how to turn it off

7 REPLIES 7
Comet

Re: Notification icons popping up in the middle of the screen

I might be able to help if I knew which app is popping up, and any text given, if any.

But in general, it would be in Settings > Notifications.

Samsung_sbJv8x5
Astronaut

It only happens with YouTube and messages

It only happens with YouTube and messages

Samsung Care Ambassador

Those are pop up notifications

Samsung_sbJv8x5
Astronaut

How do I turn off pop up notifications

How do I turn off pop up notifications

Samsung_Jz3eLkF
Astronaut

If you're on Android 9, Settings/Advanced Features/Smart...

If you're on Android 9, Settings/Advanced Features/Smart Popup View, and disable every app.

Highlighted
KeiBis
Astronaut

Settings > Apps > scroll to youtube app and select > scro...

Settings > Apps > scroll to youtube app and select > scroll to permissions and select > scroll to notifications and select > decide your preference for notifications here!

Adriani
Constellation

A SMALL WINDOWS POPS UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN ---HEEP!!

I feel the same, Annoyied. All of a sudden an icon shows in the middle of the screen or a little window showing the notification. You can close it or expand the windows, but you cannot get rid of that.
The only way to stop it is by shutting of notification from the root and that's is not what I want.
If you don't control it, you get noticed for every app. I can select all the apps I don't want to
Be notified, but the ones I want, like whatsapp, text or email will always show that window in the middle. Does anyone know what is that, how that appeared from nowhere, but more importantly how to stop it. I figured it came from an update, but can they realize that is not right
to put something that gets in the middle while you are writing a chat or browsing the web.

To turn off notification for good, go to settings, notificantions.