cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroOTnBSXL2t
Asteroid

Notification volume staying muted after turning silent mode off on S8 plus

Everytime I put my phone on vibrate or silent for a length of time and then turn it off my notification volume stays on silent. I have to go up to the volume bar and turn it up every time. I have put my phone in safe mode and checked for apps but didn't see anything that could be interfering and also cleared cache on the phon . Help this is so frustrating! 

24 REPLIES 24
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification volume staying muted after turning silent mode off on S8 plus

Just to clarify, if your device is on vibrate or silent and you turn your device off, when your phone restarts your notifications remain on silent is that correct?

useroOTnBSXL2t
Asteroid

When I turn my phone on vibrate for a longer period of time then turn it back on normal sound volume mode the notification volume stays on silent. No restarting. Just turning vibrate or silent mode on and off mutes notification sounds. 

userBp9T0O3nXh
Cosmic Ray

I think i have the same issue. And no,not restart. The problem occur when i charge my phone at night. At night i put it on vibrate or silent, as the result, notification sound turns to mute, which is correct. But in the morning when i take it off the charging cable and turn it back to sound, the notification sound stay at mute instead of going back to sound. This is frustrated. I dont pay over a thousand dollar for this

userBp9T0O3nXh
Cosmic Ray

And by the way,mine is galaxy note 10+

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using a third-party launcher on your device? Just to clarify if you put your device in safe mode do you experience these symptoms?

useroOTnBSXL2t
Asteroid

No I am not using any third party launchers and I have used it in safe mode and have experienced the same issues. I have also cleared the phone cache and everything every blog has suggested. It seems like this began about 2 or 3 updates ago. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. If you go into settings after you experience these symptoms and turn up the notification volume does it stay on?

useroOTnBSXL2t
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam yes it stays on all day till I put it on vibrate for the night. Then the next morning when I turn it back on sound the notification is still muted. 

useroOTnBSXL2t
Asteroid

This is my exact probl. I put my phone on vibrate at night and to charge and when I put it back on sound for the day the notification is always silent.