cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notifications timing out and disappearing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur when the device is placed into safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

uservxP7ONz9wP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the problem, too.

Is this going to be fixed?

Highlighted
userDWVv2SxKpJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also have this issue, but only with messenger +. 

I have a Galaxy S7 (sm-g930v)

Android 8.0.0

Hardware version rev0.6

Samsung experience version 9.0

userPblxeyvQNH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue so I did some digging and if you have the app called clean master on your phone turn off the notification cleaner it's what did me dirty and I fixed if

userYbUrUmCIO9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks.
It was really helpful.
userQ09pJ5QJld
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S8 and have the same problem.  My temporary "fix" has been using the app Calendar Notifier, however, I don't want to do this forever.  My brother-in-law has the S8+ and  is experiencing the same problem.

userKvft0X8p4G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same exact issue with the calendar notifications.  The issue started with either the upgrade to PIE.  Or a samsung calendar update.  So the question would be who needs to fix the issue?  Samsung or Google?

I get the reminders just like I should.  The issue is after the calendar end time, the notification from the pull down menu disappears.  This is very annoying and I have missed appointments several times as I did not realize this was happening the first couple of times.  Confirmed issue by setting a 5 Minute end time and the notification is gone in 5 minutes. (also tried other time frames with same results).

This problem did NOT happen on Oreo and and I still have my S5 and notifications still work perfectly.

So the latest OS or app updates caused this problem. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using the stock calendar app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userKvft0X8p4G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello. Yes I use the stock calendar since I prefer this the most. The calendar version is 10.0.00.64. Phone software info is Android Ver 9, Kernel version 4.9.112 dated Mon. Jan 28 2019. I have tried clearing the cache, also wiping the phone cache after the upgrades. Also disabled battery optimization for the calendar app. The issues started as mentioned with either the Pie update or the calendar update. The problem is if an appointment begins say at 1PM and ends at 1:30PM. The reminder will show up until the calendar End time is met and then will disappear. I can confirm this did not happen with the old versions of software and my S5 still works as it always has. Thanks.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please go to Settings> Notifications>Status Bar. Make sure All Notifications is selected.