cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userm6EuRZvA9E
Asteroid

Notifications timing out and disappearing

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've been having this issue for over a week now where notifications from all apps will vanish from the lock screen and status bar before I have a chance to see them. I get the initial notification but it's as if it times out. Today I got a notification for a hangouts message followed a few minutes later by a phone call that I ignored. Once the phone stopped ringing the notification for the hangouts message was gone. I've had similar issues with Twitter, textra, and the stock messaging app where the notifications disappear with no interaction. When I unlock the phone they are also gone from the status bar but the badge number remains. I have these apps set to be ignored by battery optimization, and I have checked all the notification settings.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Notifications timing out and disappearing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry. I meant the build number from about phone in the settings for the sw version.

Have you tried to clear cache from recovery mode?

Also, if that doesn't work, you can always reset the settings from the general management in settings.

If that doesn't work either, then uninstall recently installed apps one by one and see if which app is causing the problem.

If none of them work, the very last step will be factory data reset.....

32 REPLIES 32
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What carrier and sw version are you on?

userm6EuRZvA9E
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T-mobile, Android v7, Samsung v8.1

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry. I meant the build number from about phone in the settings for the sw version.

Have you tried to clear cache from recovery mode?

Also, if that doesn't work, you can always reset the settings from the general management in settings.

If that doesn't work either, then uninstall recently installed apps one by one and see if which app is causing the problem.

If none of them work, the very last step will be factory data reset.....

userm6EuRZvA9E
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NRD90M.G950USQS2BQL1

I'll try clearing cache and uninstalling recent apps. 

userV2XmXDZ3Eb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried clearing cache, reset to factory settings, deleting and reinstalling apps, then repeated the same process while doing a hand stand. I still have the same issue

userpzY4vBhrZG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry this problems still exists...  it hasnt been solved.  what is the solution? if you dont have clean master on your phone ...still have problems with notifications disappearing and the solution cant be to just wipe your phone and start over...that is not a solution especially when so many people have the same problem. this just started happening randomly for me, no recent applications were installed I have a Galaxy S9 plus. This is really frustrating... I dont want to have to wipe my phone to get a component working again when it was fine for the entire year .... so please give me other options to try aside from resetting my settings ( which didnt work)  or going through a factory reset...

We need more detailed help to fix this problem as there are dozens of s9 , S9+ and S8s that have this problem

DKPCOWBOY
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutely true that this problem has not been solved. Had 3 different notifications disappear within 2 minutes last night just as I was going to view them. Annoying, to be sure.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen in safe mode ? 

user3hSw27MuLi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't believe this is a solution, I am having the same issue and others have tried this and it doesn't work. I think this may be from the most recent update. Is this going to be fixed?