cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fouadberry
Constellation

ORIGINAL CHARGER NOT WORKING

I have a Galaxy S8+ and the original charger it came with no longer works. I have tried numerous Samsung fast charge adapters (bricks that plug into the wall) and they do not work. When I plug the OEM USB-C cable into another brick like my iPad brick the phone will charge. It also charges when plugged into my computer but much too slowly for this to be a viable option. For some reason, it just won't recognize the Samsung OEM chargers. This has been a problem for the last 2 months. I've tried to reset and restart my device with no luck. About 1 week ago the "wet port" notification has come on but has been there for the last week and will not go away even if I restart the phone. The device hasn't been anywhere near water in months. I'm so confused as to what the problem could be. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am currently using wireless charging and I noticed the issue when I started using a wireless charger (which is also an OEM wireless charge pad). Could this have caused the issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: ORIGINAL CHARGER NOT WORKING

Thank you for reaching out can you please send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

fouadberry
Constellation

I have sent you a PM. 

-Fouad

Samsung_pTHc437
Astronaut

Ive been having the same issue. It must be the charing poet in the phone? Samsung will fix it under warranty, but id have to send it out and who knows how long it will take. If I pay a repair shop to put in a new one, I was told it voids thw warranty. Any suggestions?

userVTdSYDFKQj
Constellation

Having very similar issues with my S8

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userVTdSYDFKQj Have you tried using the charger on a different device? Are you also using the original Samsung cord and block?