cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anjee
Cosmic Ray

ORIGINAL CHARGER STILL NOT WORKING.....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Besides the restart issue I've been having over a month.  My Original charger that came with the phone only charges in Slow mode and if I use it while charging the percentage goes down.  I had no other choice but to use another ch larger with the adapter that came in the box.  When I did that it says fast charge but it seems it charges at a basic speed.  Last night I decided to try the original cord again because I don't like using the adapter.  I turned off phone with 14% battery at 11pm I woke up this morning around 7 i turned my phone on and the battery was at 67%.  

What am I suppose to Do? Everyone is telling me to make I am use the original charging cordand or it can cause some issues with my phone.  Well it already has enough issues!!!  It cost $40 to get a new samsung usb-C cord.  I just Spent/will spend a crap load money on it. My carrier said they will give me a discount on a cord for $30 but it's not a Samsung and  I don't think I should have to pay for another cord!!  So what Do you suggest I do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: ORIGINAL CHARGER STILL NOT WORKING.....

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whoa there. So you're using the original cable and adapter, all the OEM fixins? Sounds like you'd want to go ahead and call in to get an exchange on that then. Especially if you've already successfully used a different charger. I'd say go ahead and give our support team a call at 1-800-726-7864 to get that set up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

7 REPLIES 7
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whoa there. So you're using the original cable and adapter, all the OEM fixins? Sounds like you'd want to go ahead and call in to get an exchange on that then. Especially if you've already successfully used a different charger. I'd say go ahead and give our support team a call at 1-800-726-7864 to get that set up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Anjee
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMel wrote:

Thank you!  I will call them!  

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anytime! Thanks for sharing your story. Smiley Happy 

Anjee
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMel wrote:

Anytime! Thanks for sharing your story. Smiley Happy 

The problem isn't exactly solved but on your end it Is and the question is solved.  Thank you. The  Problems on the other end is....

1) I need a receipt.  But I was never sent one and there was no packaging slip in the box.  So now I have to fight with my carrier.

2) She was unable to locate the model number on their site that matched mine.  (Yes I am sure it is the same that came with the phone no one here has that new cord type)  she had me on hold for over 20 minutes.  Unfortunately on my side I had a cranky infant that needed to be fed.  She came back and said she needed to talk to her supervisor.  So asked how much longer and explained about Baby.  She said 2 minutes well baby lasted 5 before he had a melt down and I had to hang up.  

That's where it is all at now baby is fed but I am out of brain power to call them back and go through that all again! But thank you anyways

userSsXOfX9DUZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to carrier store, or get another cable off eBay or Amazon 

userdjNuPbxQKS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been experiencing this over the last 2 days. Verizon sent me a replacement unit without any questions.

user5Tx3l6xRKm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone can't charge.