cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holyhime
Asteroid

OS Broke Phone via Bluetooth

JUMP TO SOLUTION
((Doing a lazy retype with a ton less concision 'cause your Community Board coding is just as trash as the recent OS, deciding that a switch between Rich Text, HTML, and Preview = refresh the page. AIN'T Y'ALL AIMING HIGH LATELY!!?)) Basically, the Bluetooth feature while listening to music during my 50min commute has been glitching out. Once it did what's currently affecting my phone but had resolved itself about 10min. Most of the time it would forget such a feature existed for a couple minutes but remember it does indeed exist and it was simply a true irritation whilst waiting for an update to fix the infamous self-destructing feature since the OS update. The issue with my phone is that the screen won't turn-on and it's unrecognizable to any bluetooth device. How do I know the phone's on? 'cause I hold the power button and it vibrates as it should. Pressing about the screen when normally you'd have the Power-Off and Restart buttons present is futile; pressing on the touch-button to turn the screen on results in the same vibration to no additional functionality. And as I was charging the phone in the car (been unplugged for around 40min now), it has this delightfully glowering red dot taunting all that gaze upon the 98% dead phone; battery itself should've been around 70% by time the issue arose. So, while waiting to see if it'll somehow resolve itself or it manages to drain the mostly full battery so I can see if I can round'about a reboot that way... it's broken. There's no denying it, there's no way to pop the dang battery out myself (thanks stupid waterproof feature that poses not only a safety hazard but also features the overall lack of oft desirable manual rebooting!),, so yeah. Screw this "update" of an OS. It's trash that's evidently designed to destroy ALL remaining (good) faith in Samsung that the company itself hadn't fully depleted as time is wont to allow.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: OS Broke Phone via Bluetooth

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have you tried a soft reset by holding the power and volume down buttons for 10 seconds or so?

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
5 REPLIES 5
holyhime
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
oh wow is this community board's coding literal trash - you made various paragraphs merge FOR THE GLORY OF WALLTEXT!
holyhime
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
forgot to mention in post: this is all typed via PC. my phone ain't working, i ain't using someone-else's phone. your coding teams are just this pathetic - either pay them better wages/benefits, or get actually good ones lol
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have you tried a soft reset by holding the power and volume down buttons for 10 seconds or so?

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
holyhime
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It doesn't do a single thing - it doesn't even react to the power button (no vibration) I'm able to tell it won't register the combo due to being able to press the touch-button on the screen (that turns the screen on) and IT vibrating while holding the button combo ;; (thanks for the tip tho)
holyhime
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
For some reason, this solution decided to work after trying again a 2-3 hours later. Now, it MAY have worked finally after having fallen on a hardwood floor, but nonetheless it worked lol