Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userWzNyJZitM7
Asteroid

OTG attached Flash Drive Stopped Working

Hi there,

I have similar problem, I have an S8 and the OTG (hooked to a pen drive) stopped working 3 weeks ago (it has always been working), the phone now will not detect the usb flash drive. I am using the original adpater that came with the phone. The adapater and pen drive is in working condition, I tested them on my second S8. This problem is not resolve even I put my phon;e in safe mode. Please help.... .... Thanks in advance.

Phone Model SM-G9500

One UI V 1.0

Android v 9

Baseband v G9500ZHU4DSH3

Kernel v 4.4.153-16246896 #2 Thu Aug 22 17:35:22 KST 2019

SE for Android status Enforcing SEPF_SM-G9500_9_004 Thu Aug 22 17:06:21 KST 2019

Knox version Knox 3.2.1 Knox API level 27

TIMA 3.3.0

Security software v ASKS v2.1.0 Release 190226

ADP v2.0 Release 180525

FIPS BoringSSL v 1.3

FIPS SKC v1.8

FIPS SCrypto v2.0

SMR Aug-2019 Release 1

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: OTG attached Flash Drive Stopped Working

Thank you for reaching out. Just to clarify, your device won't read the thumb drive but another S8 will is that correct?

userWzNyJZitM7
Asteroid

Hi SamsungAdam,

Thank you so much for your message.  Yes, I have two S8, bought at the same time.  the OTG adapter + USB flash Drive combo will work on phone B and not phone A.    One Month ago, it will work on both phones.  This USB flash drive has a active LED light that will flash if it is working.  Now when plug into phone A, the flash drive will not even flashes.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Beagle

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend giving the device a factory reset. Please decrypt any passwords and back up all data prior to doing so.

userWzNyJZitM7
Asteroid

@SamsungLarry wrote:

I recommend giving the device a factory reset. Please decrypt any passwords and back up all data prior to doing so.

SamsungLarry,

Thank you for your advise.  I have never done a hard reset before and am concern about data loss on the phone.  What is the best way to backup beforehand and can you give me some insight on "decrypt any passwords"?  Thank you very.

Best

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For your backup options, you can either use your Samsung account to back up your data or your Google account. After the reset, you'll be asked if you want to restore your settings and backup. I'm sorry, we do not have steps available for decryption if you had anything encrypted our only recommendation is to follow the same steps in reverse for how you encrypted the file in the first place.