cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Pattern unlock stopped working after restart

Hi there,

My battery died today and the phone was switched off. When I charged and turned it on, all of a sudden pattern lock is not working. What to do now? I tried everything, but nothing seems to work for me. I tried unlocking my device with findmymobile.samsung.com but it says "something went wrong" and doesn't unlock my phone. I even tried factory reset (power button + volume up + bixby) but it will not allow to do me that as my phone in locked. Since it has just restarted, so there's no chance with fingerprint/Iris/face unlock. I am completely clueless what to do next. Please help me if you can.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Pattern unlock stopped working after restart

Was your device powered off when you tried to factory reset using these keys power button + volume up + Bixby?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

No, it will neither allow you to do factory reset nor powering off. Nothing was working.

Highlighted
Astronaut

same exact situation here... I don't want to do a hard reset as there's so much new important stuff in it that are yet to be backed up. also got "something went wrong" when I tried to unlock it via findmymobile. pls help!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi,

I am facing the same situation...did your issue get resolved?Please help!!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I kept trying findmymobile, it was saying "something went wrong" but suddenly it worked well and unlocked my phone when I was connected to my home Wifi Network. Please note this will only work if you had given permissions to unlock your phone remotely else it won't work.

I would recommend you another solution if you are stuck with the same case, try to exhaust all your phone battery with using max brightness and camera. This way you will be able to switch off the phone. Now try restarting again by pluging it to a charger and hope it will work.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi,

I am facing the same situation..Any help would be highly appreciated!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I kept trying findmymobile, it was saying "something went wrong" but suddenly it worked well and unlocked my phone when I was connected to my home Wifi Network. Please note this will only work if you had given permissions to unlock your phone remotely else it won't work.

I would recommend you another solution if you are stuck with the same case, try to exhaust all your phone battery with using max brightness and camera. This way you will be able to switch off the phone. Now try restarting again by pluging it to a charger and hope it will work

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hi

may i know the model of the phone?

have you already tried to remove the SIM tray then reboot to safemode?

last option is to Factory Data Reset the phone if the findmymobile will not unlock the phone

Highlighted
Asteroid

Model - SM-G950FD

I already mentioned before, if the phone is locked it will not allow you to open the reboot/factory reset menu. I mean if you press [power button + volume up + bixby] when the phone is locked, it will not open any menu for doing anything. Also, you can not power off your phone. The only option is to wait till the battery is dead and it will be switched off.

Please note, I am not looking for any solution now. But I believe others are looking into this thread to find answers. I got lucky in my case and findmymobile helped with remote unlock when my phone was connected to home network.