cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TOGgledShot
Cosmic Ray

Permanently disable Samsung Voice Input "Bixby Voice" on Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 7.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I want to do it keep the Default Keyboard as Samsung Keyboard, but use the Google Voice Typing.

One Example is I am currently using Apps like the Messenger app and when trying to Voice-to-text, it uses Samsung Voice Input (which is Bixby powered). This voice input app is very clunky. It doesn't input correctly and is slow.

Google Voice Typing is FAR faster and FAR more accurate. I can be in my car, window down on the highway with the radio slightly on and it still picks up my words accurately.

I go into Settings > Language and input > On-screen keyboard > Manage Keyboards. From here I disable the Samsung Voice Input. After doing this, it sets the default to Google Voice Typing. This seems to work for a little bit.

The problem I have is that after an undisclosed amount of time the Samsung Voice Input feature re-activates itself and reverts back. It's very frustrating. I never had this problem on my S6 or S7 Edge.

Is there any way to permanently disable the Samsung Voice Input?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TOGgledShot
Cosmic Ray

Re: How do I permanently disable Samsung Voice Input on Galaxy S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

***Updated*** ...But not really.

Since people do not read through threads, here is the surefire way to fix this.

Go to Settings > then go to Apps > then Apps Manager > !Important! click on the 3 dots on top right corner and select Show System Apps. Locate Samsung Voice Input (Should be one with the Microphone icon on it, not the Bixby "B" on it), select it and select Disable.

This completely removed the Samsung Voice Input from Settings > Language and input > On-screen keyboard > Manage Keyboards.  

If you are still unable to disable or cannot see the correct one, please attach a screenshot and please verify you have a Galaxy S8 or S8+.  I have set this setting on multiple S8 and S8+ devices without fail.

62 REPLIES 62
Miguel2x
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue.  I can't figure out what causes it to reactivate itself.

userLdpScbsc36
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung voice input is actually awful. Like really awful. Please, for the love of Christ, give us a way to permanently disable this feature and use Google. 

userjr0RMZjEZz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going to have to take this phone back if nobody can tell me how to turn this stupid Samsung voice input off.

userPPF7057H1y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I would also like to PERMANENTLY disable Samsung voice. It is constantly failing.
Jessmw145
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
you can permanently disabled Samsung voice input, the issue is that you're then also getting rid of Bixby. Of course Google can do pretty much anything Bixby can, so if you're good with that: Go to Settings, then go to Apps, then Apps Manager, click on the 3 dots on top right corner and select Show System Apps. Locate Samsung Voice Input (Should be one with the Microphone icon on it, not the Bixby "B" on it), select it and select Disable.
TOGgledShot
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jessmw145 Yes, the entire point of this thread was to get rid of Bixby voice and keep it from taking over your phone.  It doesn't fully get rid of it as there are some features that are useful, but it does keep it out of your apps in terms of voice-to-text.

By doing this fix, it keeps Samsung Voice Input AKA Bixby from forcing your settings to autoswitch back to their program.  Bixby is, in my opinion, the only thing wrong with the 8 series Samsung phones.

useruiRzEJ9DzA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go in to settings then go to apps then in the upper left corner click the 3 dots then chooe show system apps then go to samsung voice and disable. It worked for me. 

TOGgledShot
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread has been answered and has the full walkthrough on how it is fixed.  Hope everyone enjoys.

userwouBe6D7Mb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am with you all, had the Galaxy 4, 5, 7edge and now 8+. But it will be the end of my relationship with Samsung if I cannot permanently disable there garbage voice input. How could they release a product this bad? Let me use my Google voice input only or goodbye Samsung. 

-frustrated owner and longtime customer