cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userH6j1TRcVeC
Asteroid

Phone Vibrating for Text Notifications When Sound Is On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2 days ago, my S8 started vibrating for text message notifictions (Message+ app with Verizon) even though the phone is set to sound notifications. I've checked in the Message+ app and it is set to vibrate only when the phone is set to vibrate. I spoke to a Verizon rep last night and we found under Settings -> Sound & Vibration -> Notification Sounds -> Message Notifications that Vibrate when sound plays was turned on. We turned it off and the problem ended. Today it started vibrating again after I set my phone to silent and then turned it back to sound.  I checked the same setting and it still shows off. I'm at a loss!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Phone Vibrating for Text Notifications When Sound Is On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userH6j1TRcVeC

Well I am glad that we were at least able to isolate that concern to the Message+ app. I would reach out to Verizon support, and see if they have a work around for that software if you want to keep using that application.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userH6j1TRcVeC

Do you know if these same notification errors occur if you use a different texting app? I understand that Messages+ is the default on Verizon devices, but I would like to see if it is an error only within that app, or across all messenger apps.

userH6j1TRcVeC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for getting back to me! I just downloaded the Textra app and so far not having any issues. My phone is set to sound and when receiving a text it is no longer vibrating along with the sound. So I guess this is a message plus issue!

userH6j1TRcVeC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for getting back to me! I just downloaded the Textra app and so far not having any issues. My phone is set to sound and when receiving a text it is no longer vibrating along with the sound. So I guess this is a message plus issue!

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userH6j1TRcVeC

Well I am glad that we were at least able to isolate that concern to the Message+ app. I would reach out to Verizon support, and see if they have a work around for that software if you want to keep using that application.

View solution in original post