JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Contact names not showing up on incoming calls

(Topic created: 04-19-2019 02:04 PM)
userWb4WZNe8w5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a galaxy s8 plus. When I receive incoming calls from a contact in my phone book only their number displays. But when I go in my recent calls both their name and number is there. Like most people I don't know everyone's phone number so when people are calling me, I don't know who they are until after I miss it. I've already tried restarting my phone. No luck And I checked for a software update. It's up to date.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user4XNRaOHXmU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Found it. But, I've never enabled it. Someone else to hold the button down. But, it does is take it to the enable screen. Grr They better get this fixed soon.
paredman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try enabling it. That worked for me.

0 Likes
userv9SndjnRlJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go to the play store and uninstall at&t call protector 

0 Likes
userkbyjSh6G9S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That worked once only! There is one app that just says Call Protect - it does not say AT&T Call Protect although I do have  AT&T service. 

There is another app called AT&T protect Plus. It does not say Call Protect.

So not sure what to do now. This started last night.

I had also received a message about a new notification  Samsung Experience which I did not open and it has since disappeared. I'm not sure if that is related to this problem and what it was about and how to find it again!

0 Likes
paredman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try putting AT&T Call Protect in the play store search. That's what I had to do to find it.

0 Likes
Texdot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same question, but after reading the replies, I did the following and it works.

There are two apps you need to disable - AT&T protect plus, and call protect (not AT&T, just call protect.) You can't do one or the other, it has to be both. 

userBI0xCJpJJw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much for!🙌🏾👏🏾👏🏾 Disabled both now it working! You are greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
user0f3B0r4SZK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked. Go to settings and scroll down to att call protect and disable.  Thanks alot!!!!

0 Likes
userBo3UtO6Js8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This only worked for one incoming call. Every call after displayed number only.

0 Likes
uservlqJ2blMKi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's the problem call protect. Thank you.

0 Likes