cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKOnN29xgFJ
Constellation

Phone keep restarting Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone just restarts.  I could be on a call or just playing with phone and it automatically restarts.  I have done safe mode etc and this still happens.  Any thoughts or suggestions.  It seems like the note 8 is having a lot of issues.  My phone also runs very hot when charging.  Hope it doesn't blow up like the past notes. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone keep restarting Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all of the steps listed in this thread have been tried, then repairs would be recommended. Your service repair options are as follows:

-Speak with your carrier regarding possible options they may have

-Visit a local uBreakiFix location for walk-in repairs

-Ship-in service repair through samsung

If you are interested in the ship-in repairs, feel free to message us here.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userKOnN29xgFJ, I'm sorry to hear that you are having a lot of difficulty. Have you tried any other troubleshooting?

I would suggest that you clear your device's cache.

1. Power off your device
2. Power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys.
3. When you see the Android laying down, wait for 30 seconds until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
4. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

If this doesn't help, let me know and we'll look into some repair options for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you were able to attempt this step to stop your device from restarting.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

user0pIedhliBQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 8 SM950F also keeps on restarting... several times a day, everyday.

Did factory reset several times already; did wiping cache also but to no avail. I feel so frustrated about this phone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried booting your phone into safe mode to see if the problem still occurs?

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works.           

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user0pIedhliBQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Kept my Note 8 in Safe Mode and it rebooted twice. Not really happy with this unit. Is this some kind of defect? The phone had never been dropped, got wet or anything as it's my baby. But under warranty, can this problem be addressed by a replacement?

user0pIedhliBQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know what the matter is anymore. Did a factory reset, wiped the partition, kept in safe mode and in just less than an hour, it rebooted twice. What is wrong with this phone?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, seemingly random or constant reboots are often caused by faulty apps on the device. Follow the steps in the link below to troubleshoot this issue. Let us know if this helps. 

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=710012&modelname=SM-...

user0pIedhliBQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you a robot or a real human being? Because if you've read my past two posts, I just said that I did all that you've been recommending. I even booted in Safe Mode, but it still restarted in Safe Mode TWICE.

I wonder if you have been comprehending what has been written and posted; unless you are a robot.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the frustration. We try to make sure that we cover everything, sometimes more than once, to ensure that you get your problem resolved. May, I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information, please?