cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userpkZ4sp7Ymu
Constellation

Phone not charging after using a wireless charger.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone charged on a wireless charger overnight after the original cable was starting to fail. When I checked on my phone in the morning, my phone was not only drained of battery but any longer charging.  I tried to use my brothers Samsung s10 charger to see if perhaps the wireless charger simply didn't do its job but that wasn't the case. The phone only showed a lightning symbol and doesn't display a number nor the animation that says it's charging. I'm currently letting my phone continue to be connected to the charger to see if that would fix it. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Phone not charging after using a wireless charger.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpkZ4sp7Ymu wrote:

My phone charged on a wireless charger overnight after the original cable was starting to fail. When I checked on my phone in the morning, my phone was not only drained of battery but any longer charging.  I tried to use my brothers Samsung s10 charger to see if perhaps the wireless charger simply didn't do its job but that wasn't the case. The phone only showed a lightning symbol and doesn't display a number nor the animation that says it's charging. I'm currently letting my phone continue to be connected to the charger to see if that would fix it. 

Turn off the device, turn it back on. 

When you connect the charger, pull down notification panel and look what is reports: Charging or fast charging. 

You can also download app called: Ampere from Play Store and it will show you the current rate of the charge

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Do you experience these symptoms if you try to charge your device in safe mode? What type of device are you using?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpkZ4sp7Ymu wrote:

Turn off the device, turn it back on. 

When you connect the charger, pull down notification panel and look what is reports: Charging or fast charging. 

You can also download app called: Ampere from Play Store and it will show you the current rate of the charge

View solution in original post

userpkZ4sp7Ymu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This sounds very useful, however, the phone has no charge. It can't receive power at all, it disconnects and then reconnects even when using a different and newer charger.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2