My Samsung Galaxy S8+ is stuck in a continuous boot loop after the last automatic software update 4 days ago. It goes to the Samsung screen, then the TMobile Screen and then fails and I get a little guy that looks like he fell to side and died with a message saying Error or No Command. I called Samsung, who suggested I take it to UBreakIFix and I did that. However, they say they cannot fix it and the issue is with Samsung, not T-Mobile. Is there a way to back up my data from the past week or have I lost it forever? I am frustrateed with this situation as I have not had one problem with this phone. I eehave it hooked up to my computer and it is reading an error with Event ID 442 in my device manager. Is there a way to delete that issue from my phone so it works again or am I out of luck?
Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.