cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GPolly11
Cosmic Ray

Phone was getting extremely hot, now it's okay after factory reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had my S8 for over a year and it just recently began to get hot, at times extremely hot, even whenI wasn't using it. I could feel it getting hot in my pocket. Out of desperation and as a last resort, I backed up my files and did a factory reset.

Weird... no inly did it stop getting hot (actually quite cool), but it operates faster, freed up 10GB, and Oreo seems to be improved.

Not happy to have to enter all the passwords for my apps, but in retrospect, I'm glad I factory reset the phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Phone was getting extremely hot, now it's okay after factory reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @GPolly11

It never stops amazing me how often Factory Resets can really help! They can sure be annoying, but they fix all kinds of things and certainly make phones run smoother. Kinda like a full reset on a computer. Time consuming, but life is better afterwards.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Phone was getting extremely hot, now it's okay after factory reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @GPolly11

It never stops amazing me how often Factory Resets can really help! They can sure be annoying, but they fix all kinds of things and certainly make phones run smoother. Kinda like a full reset on a computer. Time consuming, but life is better afterwards.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post