cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LORJohn1
Astronaut

Pie Update

Is the Pie update released for the Galaxy S8 yet? If not, any date/time frame when it will be?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Comet

Yes it has already been out for S8 devices. If you haven'...

Yes it has already been out for S8 devices. If you haven't gotten the update, have you tried to manually update the device by going to settings. If it doesn't show up there try using Samsung Smart Switch on PC and see if the update shows up. If not can you say if the device is a Carrier device or Unlocked device and if Carrier what Carrier are you currently using.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userS5ZRJRi3SR
Constellation

Yes it's been out

Yes it's been out

LORJohn1
Astronaut

I can see where it says it's been released, but I haven't...

I can see where it says it's been released, but I haven't received the update. Is there any prerequisites I need to have before it will download?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I can see where it says it's been released, but I haven't...

There are no prerequisites. I would follow the advice provided by NBI. If you are unable to update through Settings, you can try Smart Switch. If that is unsuccessful, you need to speak with your carrier. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch