cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Slow503
Cosmic Ray

Pie security issues, performance, heating annoying work arounds...

I rank this os lower than ice cream because my old mytouch back then ran cleaner than my s8+ with Pie. A phone that isnt even a 5th of its hardware capability ran smoother and more efficient. With more user friendly graphic user interface.

The only work around I found is constantly task killing, and checking each app to see what auto starts, runs in the background, has background data permissions, and battery ignored. Having to manually change these settings each is horrible because it's such a time consuming thing to do. The whole thing should be clearly addressed about what is really running or will be used upon install. Not being told fully what it will do is a pain.

And why is it we cant change alot of those permissions in settings for apps? It's like what companies did before made patches to make devices get more processes and background usage to supposedly improve security or performance and features but really only adds more things to be running. Which is the main reason phone overheat and have issues with performance.

And not being able to download a real rom or program that is genuine to factory reset a device is annoying but you guys wont let me get into too much detail about that from support.

And what's funny is I found flaws and security issues reported it and they deny it's happening but they are trying to fix some of those in the last 2 updates.

Lol these updates are coming out faster than the other before it. And the battery life and performance and memory is suffering hard from it. Cause they obviously cant fix somethings and keep patching it making it worse.

They really should admit defeat here cause honestly these flaws are major security issues and performance drops for a phone that's only what 2 years old and hardware specs say they should run way smoother than this. 

Simple solution would be scrap the patching and just fix the battery heating issue that ends up dropping the perfomance on the phone due to it being so hot. Once that's done fix the task manager and ridiculous steps to change apps settings, usage on battery, data and memory.

This way people can see what apps are running they dont recognize and can figure out what is possible security flaws that need to addressed. And then start from there.

Also notifications resetting all the time go silent is bogus. Having to do each is so annoying. Along with the touch screen accuracy of when I use the keyboard is so bad.

Combined with the auto correct and replacement of words not even working and making do garbled text or gibberish needs to be fixed because either I text too fast or it's another security issue with keylogging or just plain unresponsive.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Pie security issues, performance, heating annoying work arounds...

@Slow503 can you elaborate more on the issues? 

Slow503
Cosmic Ray

Ok here's one example I couldnt even use these forums until I disable my ad blockers that's a bit annoying. But also the username it is using right now for me isnt even my Samsung username and I didnt even type that.

Lol security and submissions I made to your support and uper tier support should be on record but yeah I am not going to go into detail about that publicly the TOS of those support wont allow me to. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Slow503 the security issues csb be PMd to a mod directly.  As for the first issue,  the apps running in background is a RAM managment issue that needs to be fixed with an update.  But at the meantime,  going into Device Care will help.  Clicking the three buttons on the top right and putting the thing in auto optimize and than battery on the lower left of the save app,  putting apps to sleep manually might help you.  The keyboard is bad,   I know... I would user gboard instead. 

Slow503
Cosmic Ray

I mean sometimes on a computer being able roll back drivers or install older software is a plus. They should just stop patching the issue and roll some back because it has caused newer issues with heating and performance then lack of app managment that I can clearly say makes it harder to identify unsafe or malicious. Not to mention newer apps and versions usually are supposed be fixed on known issues and run more efficiently. Claiming patches are for security fixes is nice and all but when they only cause more issues they should go back to point a and see where it went wrong.

Slow503
Cosmic Ray

And thanks for the fast replies. But the care team already escalated me to your highest support. They then sent me to your outsourced support who for some reason doesnt agree with the security issue I brought up with intrusions and malware. Even tho I supplied a perfect example known to be exploited. This device is scrapped already cause hard resets dont fix it. It be nice if I could do a clean install with kies or smart switch but it doesnt offer that or a rollback option.

Samsung Care Ambassador

I agree, I wish android in general supported rolling back...

I agree, I wish android in general supported rolling back a buggy update until it gets fixed.

Slow503
Cosmic Ray

Re: I agree, I wish android in general supported rolling back...

Ok so that's the work around I mentioned before in first post. But some apps end up on ignore or not optimize exceptions cause those apps require that stuff. Before your task management and battery saver was awesome. But not being able to do this unless I go into each app and limit background usage, data, and stop it manually in apps. It's just annoying. And oddly enough theres like another layer of app management you can go into when you click that app icon lol

Slow503
Cosmic Ray

Re: I agree, I wish android in general supported rolling back...

Also android has a way for me to fix somethings but having to their download platform and stuff is a hassle to do. It makes it so annoying that even the password on start up doesnt even allow me to disable it and use biometrics even if I follow their instructions on how to do it. It ends up saying it is but still requires a password like offering me to take stairs or elevator then saying oh too bad elevator is broken lol

Samsung Care Ambassador

And that needs to be fixed, as third isn't good

And that needs to be fixed, as third isn't good