cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIb4JQ12bXr
Asteroid

Pinch to zoom is BAD, bring back sliding Shutter button!

As in topic. Pinch to zoom requires two hands and VERY UNCOMFORTABLE TO USE at best. Using sliding up and down shutter button was super intuitive and allowed us to make some smooth nice effects.

Why did you even remove that funtion in the first place!

We want it back!!

And secondly! Why remove red record button also? Now having to slide between photo or video modes takes soooo muuuch time! It was hundreds of times better on Android 8.0!

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Pinch to zoom is BAD, bring back sliding Shutter button!

What phone do you have? On my Note 10 plus you can press and hold on the lens selection area and then drag left or right to change the zoom. Have you tried that? 

userIb4JQ12bXr
Asteroid

I'm using Samsung S8 and I know about that but it still requires me to use both hands! You need to pinch and after slider appears you can use one hand but that doesn't solve the problem! Android 8.0 camera was just plainly better and more comfortable to use.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userIb4JQ12bXr wrote:

I'm using Samsung S8 and I know about that but it still requires me to use both hands! You need to pinch and after slider appears you can use one hand but that doesn't solve the problem! Android 8.0 camera was just plainly better and more comfortable to use.

It is no different then sliding the shutter button up or down. 

userIb4JQ12bXr
Asteroid

It is different, the slider dissapears after 3 seconds of not using which means you have to PINCH again using AGAIN second hand. This wasn't neccesary before update.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userIb4JQ12bXr wrote:

It is different, the slider dissapears after 3 seconds of not using which means you have to PINCH again using AGAIN second hand. This wasn't neccesary before update.

I see what you are doing, but you don't have to pinch at all. Touch and hold the lens selection area and the slider will appear. 

userIb4JQ12bXr
Asteroid

No, it won't. I tried what you're saying but it's impossible to zoom one-handed as far as I know.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for reaching out. I will tag this thread so that our developers can see and review your input.

userIb4JQ12bXr
Asteroid

Thank you. IMO just go back to Android 8.0 version of camera is enough, it was perfect in it's simplicity and functionality. Had some small caviats but nothing annoying and it was much smoother than current one.

Adding the recording mode is actually better in a lot of peoples opinions