cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Pop Up Ads Randomly on S8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At long last, I found the culprit: an app called FLV Player. Can't remember when or why I would have installed it, but there are other reviews indicating the same problems as I was having, and after uninstalling it, I've had no more popups.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue but I don't have that "FLV Player" installed on my phone. I think the ads are coming in the Samsung software updates. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems unlikely. I've never had weird ads on my phone. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree that the ads are coming through Samsung.  I recently did an update and now I too am getting them.  It really irritates me!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks!

I've seen several threads about this. Most state that if you disable or uninstall the Peel Remote App, these go away.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have that app so what do I do then?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clear the cache and data for the browser apps. If someone already said this sorry to repeat. also watch for shopping apps they are selling you stuff so they want to send pop ups. Im looking at you wish app. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I uninstalled that app ages before I had this issue. I bought a brand new phone due to the malware ads, I have had the phone 1 week and today I started getting them again. 

I am seriously going back to iPhone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Since the last week in March 2018. shortly after a s/w update I was hammered with ads. I have removed all google apps and things started to settle down but i'm still getting them. I'm ready to go back to an iPhone!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree it is coming from updates.  When i open my phone, i get ads.  I find the last app used is SAMSUNG EXPERIENCE HOME every time.  I guess it is a l as uncher and i never knew i had it..must have come from a software update.