cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersXxY3KZ8Gs
Constellation

Pop Up Ads

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since getting the S8 plus, I have had daily (sometimes twice daily) pop up ads randomly show...no matter whether I am in an app or just home screen. I couldn't find anything researching this issue. Finally tapped on a couple and both started a facebook page opening. I went through the facebook settings and shut off everything, but still pop ups. I never had this issue with my S6....EVER! 

What is going on? Plus, I can't uninstall the facebook app. (Was hoping a reinstall would remedy the issue!)

Help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userz7wyEzHCMr
Astronaut

Re: Pop Up Ads

JUMP TO SOLUTION
190 REPLIES 190
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersXxY3KZ8Gs Have you tried starting the phone in Safe Mode? Sounds like an app could be doing that. Or a bad virus or other malware. I have never had any ads pop up on my S8.

BabyOnBoard
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this problem. But mine is almost every 5 min. Did you figure it out?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@BabyOnBoard can you take a screenshot?

BabyOnBoard
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No the ads of course they seem to magically close as I try. 

MrsEstes72
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue,  anytime i open my phone

usera1QfJYLU4U
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These pop ups are getting seriously frustrating. I love my Samsung s8 but I'm seriously thinking of IPhone unless I can stop these post adverts.

There is no way to determine whar generates them as the window has only the ad name. My latest was for Samsung gear. Which I already gave!!!!

Please please SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO AKE IT STOP!!!!!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usera1QfJYLU4U

Have you had a moment to try the suggestions from above in this thread?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userINKUaY68IC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should stop with this canned reply and provide a solution.  I have been a Samsung customer for years but if you guys don't stop this soon I will not be buying samsung products in the future.  I bought two unlocked S8s directly from Samsung but I will NEVER do it again.  You can't believe how angry I and others are about this issue.  I am sorry you believe selling a few pop-ups will make up for your lost business.

userpJsezdQV9g
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This started a few weeks ago for me, right after I loaded the ThredUp ap - which I immediately deleted after I started getting ThredUp popups (same day).  Since then, Im getting popups of all sorts.  I dont have any of the other aps listed in this thread.

Samsung, even if this wasn't a problem you started, PLEASE HELP