Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryEXhCH3eRs
Asteroid

RCS Chat with TMobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have the S8 Unlocked, and I am trying to manage the settings in messages app, so I can see when my friends are typing and when my messages are read. My problem is that I can't find the "chat settings" on my phone, it doesn't show me this option. Does anyone is having the same issue? Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: RCS Chat with TMobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryEXhCH3eRs Yes Galaxy S8 unlocked or any unlocked samsung devices do not have RCS on all 3 carriers. Only sprint supports it to unlocked devices using google messgaes but so far Tmobile is using proprietary RCS as of now they embedded the RCS in the CSC. You may want to flash the ROM to tmobile to get this feature. I think ubreakifix can do that for you but I am not so sure. Tmobile RCS is not connected to google jibe or hub so their RCS is not carrier interoperability.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you open the stock Messages app, select the three dots for more options. Select Settings from this menu. When you open the Messages Settings, you should see Chat Settings there. 

useryEXhCH3eRs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, when I do that, I don't have the chat settings option. And I have no idea why.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryEXhCH3eRs Yes Galaxy S8 unlocked or any unlocked samsung devices do not have RCS on all 3 carriers. Only sprint supports it to unlocked devices using google messgaes but so far Tmobile is using proprietary RCS as of now they embedded the RCS in the CSC. You may want to flash the ROM to tmobile to get this feature. I think ubreakifix can do that for you but I am not so sure. Tmobile RCS is not connected to google jibe or hub so their RCS is not carrier interoperability.

useryEXhCH3eRs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much. I will look into that, and hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryEXhCH3eRs As long as T-Mobile is connected to Google jibe/hub then there is apossibility that unlocked devices may have RCS only using google messages but for now no news for T-Mobile if they will connect to google jibe. I heard they are planning to do that in the future but sad to say T-Mobile proprietary RCS is useless and thoughtless decision.