Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user3qsmsWGrzk
Asteroid

Recent Update Phone Unresponsive, Help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

During most recent Samsung update my Galaxy S8 has frozen on boot screen. Soft reset doesn't work; screen blinks, vibrates once, then back to boot screen. Unresponsive. What do

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userhuc793Yh4R
Constellation

Remove the sim card an put it back in my moto e5 did that...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Remove the sim card an put it back in my moto e5 did that alot

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Recent Update Phone Unresponsive, Help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. We would recommend a software reflash. We have a couple of options available: 

1.UbreakIfix- walk-in service center

2. Smart Switch for PC.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and we would be happy to assist you with further troubleshooting steps.

user3qsmsWGrzk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not aware of any walk in service centers in my area, so if you'd help with any step by steps on how to reflash I'd appreciate it. I would also like to ask if there's any chance I'd lose internal files/memory such as pics/videos? I haven't backed them up yet.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for following up. Give this step a try first: Press and hold the power button and the volume down keep together until the phone does a soft reset which would act as if the battery was removed from your device. Yes, in order to do the software reflash on your device it would require a factory reset which would delete all the of saved information in your phone that hasn't been backed up.

user3qsmsWGrzk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried the soft reset two more times, repeats the same as before; blinks, vibrates once, and back to frozen on boot screen. Unfortunately.

What would I do next?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wanted to check in and see if the reset steps sent to you privately helped with your frozen screen issue?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user3qsmsWGrzk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't received any private messages, helping my issue or otherwise. My phone is still frozen/bricked, I'd really appreciate help on how to fix it, soon as possible.

userhuc793Yh4R
Constellation

Remove the sim card an put it back in my moto e5 did that...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Remove the sim card an put it back in my moto e5 did that alot

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Remove the sim card an put it back in my moto e5 did that...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did the suggestion by @userhuc793Yh4R help?

user3qsmsWGrzk
Asteroid

Re: Remove the sim card an put it back in my moto e5 did that...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, no it didn't, still bricked. Soft reset again and everything, with and without simcard, no private messages about anything yet. If I have to reflash, I would really appreciate help. Help of any kind actually, please.