cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKmViPdemTo
Asteroid

Recovery Menu, no home button, no power button

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone died so I managed to get the Recovery Menu up, but I cannot select the option to reboot it because I have to use the power button which I do not have. What do I do???

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Recovery Menu, no home button, no power button

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKmViPdemTo wrote:

I broke it off.  Apparently there's an app that I should've already installed to turn it on. I'm looking into every option I can short of fixing that little piece. Or is that really the only option? The other thing is how do I get it to stop showing the Recovery Menu?

Hmm, the power button is the main key in operating the phone while it is in recovery mode.  If the button itself broke, maybe the switch in the phone still works?  If you put a toothpick against the switch of power button?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKmViPdemTo wrote:

My phone died so I managed to get the Recovery Menu up, but I cannot select the option to reboot it because I have to use the power button which I do not have. What do I do???

What happened to power button?  What if you hold power button for 15 or 30 sec?

userKmViPdemTo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I broke it off.  Apparently there's an app that I should've already installed to turn it on. I'm looking into every option I can short of fixing that little piece. Or is that really the only option? The other thing is how do I get it to stop showing the Recovery Menu?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKmViPdemTo wrote:

Hmm, the power button is the main key in operating the phone while it is in recovery mode.  If the button itself broke, maybe the switch in the phone still works?  If you put a toothpick against the switch of power button?

View solution in original post

userKmViPdemTo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!!! I was reluctant at first so I had someone else do it and it's on!!! Thank you again!!! 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKmViPdemTo wrote:

Thank you!!!! I was reluctant at first so I had someone else do it and it's on!!! Thank you again!!! 

You can accept my last comment as a solution I guess Smiley Happy

userKmViPdemTo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will! Thank you! Have an awesome day/night! Smiley Wink

Samsung_godWab3
Constellation

Have you recieved August 1st security patch and if so hav...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you recieved August 1st security patch and if so have you encountered any issues with your s8