cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Recovery of deleted pictures on phone and SD card

Help!!

Last night I attempted to transfer numerous picture folders from my S8+ phone to my SD card to free up space. Included were numerous large folders that included my pet that recently passed away. I was having difficulty cutting and pasting that particular folder for some reason so I created a new folder and cut/ pasted the pictures instead of the folder itself. As I moved the folders from my phone to the card, I deleted the now empty folders from my phone which I believe was where I messed up. The contents were at first showing in the folders on the SD card so I thought everything was fine until I looked at my phone and all of those albums were gone! Things were grayed out. I plugged my phone back in to the computer and went into the DCIM folder and everything that was on my phone was still showing however all the folders that were moved to the SD were now showing no contents. Where did all my stuff go!?!? 😭😭 please help me figure out how to recover my pictures. They are so sentimental to me. I appreciate the help! 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Recovery of deleted pictures on phone and SD card

Hello @userxMa7lw3olW ,

Did you ever encrypt your SD card, or previously use it in another device? It would explain why the folders were greyed out initially, and it would not show on any other devices or PC's. 

Highlighted
Constellation

It was brand new and only used in this phone 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I realize how frustrating this must be. Our Memory Support Team would be the best option for further troubleshooting. Please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-Samsung and choose option 7 for SD support. The SD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM.  Also, for best performance be sure to always use a class 10 or higher SD card with your device. Older SD cards may not work as well with a newer flagship device. Older model SD cards can cause freezes, malfunctions, and it can cause your phone to reboot.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

userxMa7lw3olW
Constellation, The same thing just happened to me.
Were you able to get this resolved?