Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWWEsO6LkVF
Asteroid

Red Led Notification Light

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Galaxy S8+

I have no idea why, but the red notification light sometimes starts blinking. When is fully charged, or with 75%, 53%, 40%, 80% of charge, none notifications. My phone is almost empty, I dont have a lot of apps or background apps. I'm not using the Iris Scanner. What do you guys think?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userWWEsO6LkVF
Asteroid

Re: Red Led Notification Light

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found out that it was because of an app called Notification Reminder. I don't have the problem anymore.

19 REPLIES 19
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userWWEsO6LkVF

These colors are for standard notifications and functions of your device. 

Blue
- Pulsing: the device is turning on or off.
- Blinking: there is an unread notification (missed call, message etc) or during voice recording.

Red
- Glowing: connected to a charger and charging.

- Blinking: connected to a charger but not charging, or when low on battery.

Green

-Glowing: connected to a charger and fully charged.
-Blinking: fully charged.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWWEsO6LkVF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is starts blinking when is not connected to the charger, also sometimes when is 100% full or 90, 70%...

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm, sometimes apps can also tap into the LED notification light. That certainly causes more confusion when they do. Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWWEsO6LkVF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found out that it was because of an app called Notification Reminder. I don't have the problem anymore.

userefAJAtY1Zy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you get rid ofthe app? I thought i uninstalled it a week ago but it's still flashing the light. 

userZ378N5SqOC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you remove notification reminder? On my S8 it is listed under Settings, Accessories. I have it turned off but I still have the red light. This is very frustrating!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZ378N5SqOC, Thank you for reaching out to us to address your concerns. The red light indicator is a standard notification function that unfortunately cannot be disabled.

There is different LED colors that will display, However a red light indicator can be used with breaking news, amber alerts, and weather alerts defaulted to catch your attention.

The other uses of the red indicator would be if the battery is low it will flash red, If it is currently on the charger it will retain red until 100% at which point it would turn to the green indication letting you know that it is fully charged.

We suggest fully charging the device and then removing it off charger and running the device in safe mode to see if a third party application you have downloaded is causing the concern.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userbbVkxAH4iD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

galaxy S8+

Hello @SamsungViv

Regarding the default LED notifications, is there an easy way to disable just one or two of these (I already know how to turn off all of the LED notifications via settings/display/...)?

Also, can the default colors be changed without using a 3rd party app?

Thanks for any help

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userbbVkxAH4iD

Sadly it's a bit of an all or nothing kind of thing. You can have them all on, or all off, but can't just pick and choose. Also, as of right now, there is no way to change the default colors outside of a 3rd party app that alters them.  =/