Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userydN95APH6W
Constellation

Reddish tint on S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Phone operated fine until OTA Android update has totally ruined the screen was a reddish/yellow tint. The phone will boot and display correct color (Android and Samsung logos, encryption login page), but as soon as home screen loads the white goes to reddish. Randomly without reason (usually at night for a few hours), the color will correct itself. I can confirm that blue light filter is not activated, and the white balance correction on adaptive display does nothing to correct the color. I have tried factory reset and it does nothing to correct the issue. An otherwise perfect phone is ruined with a screen that is terrible to use, because of bad software that I can't fix.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userydN95APH6W
Constellation

Re: Reddish tint on S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungAdam fixed my problem by turning off the nightlight feature in Google Play Books app.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please send me your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

Njdan30
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did it to mine also only thing is now I have reddish screen burn on every white screen, never had a problem until the last update

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

userydN95APH6W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungAdam fixed my problem by turning off the nightlight feature in Google Play Books app.

View solution in original post

userJKFGK5SPQ9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has a reddish tint once it goes to the homescreen and the adaptive display isn't enough to fix it also basic mode is slightly yellow when turning it on 😔

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJKFGK5SPQ9 have you tried turning off nightlight feature in Google Play Books app?

userJKFGK5SPQ9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just did it a few minutes ago and now my screen is white again thanks 🙂👍