cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersSRRHV3XQo
Cosmic Ray

Reminder Notifications Flash up then go?!?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm on an Galaxy S8. My problem applies to both Google reminders AND Samsung reminders so I'm guessing that it's a phone settings problem rather than an app problem.

The reminder briefly flashes onto the screen then disappears. No ringtone. Just a quick vibrate.

On my last phone, an S6, I would get a ringtone and the reminder would stay in my push notifications drop down list until I actioned them.

I don't even get a ringtone sound?!?

All permissions are on, ringtones selected etc so I have no clue why this is happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usersSRRHV3XQo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Reminder Notifications Flash up then go?!?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

GOT IT!!!!

It was the Clean Master app..which I should have known as it's remarkably spammy..which is why it was one of the first apps I tried deleting 😁

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
usersSRRHV3XQo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is also happening to my calender app.

Notifications flash onto my screen and go.

Does anybody know where to go to get help on Samsung products as this forum doesn't seem to be working for me.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I really appreciate you getting in touch with us. Do you happen to have made any modifications to your system's animation speeds?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersSRRHV3XQo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Trevor, thanks for responding.

Not as far as I'm aware. How do I check?

Also fyi I uninstalled the Google app and reinstalled it.

The problem persists.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isn't something that will have changed if you have not enabled Developer Options, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Let's try to clear your device's cache and see if that improves your devices performance at all. This is a pretty easy process:

1. Power off your device
2. Power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
3. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

Please let me know if that helps!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersSRRHV3XQo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Trevor but this problem seems unresolvable.

I tried the above as recommended by a really helpful Samsung fella I got help from via the Samsung members app. It didn't work.

I also tried force stopping the app..clearing data and clearing cache via the settings/app system. No good.

It would appear that I've broken the S8 lol

My only option would appear to be a complete factory reset which I'm not sure I'm prepared to do as I've JUST spent the whole day that it takes to set up my phone having just got it.

It's a toss up between the pain in the backside of a factory reset and the pain in the backside of not getting calendar/reminder actionable notifications and having to instead constantly refer to my calendar/reminders.

Any suggestions that you may have will be appreciated but I can't see this getting fixed any time soon.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, thanks so much for attempting that, @usersSRRHV3XQo. I know how frustrating it can be to have such a useful app acting so strangely, I would like to work with you to find the best solution to this for you.

Would you mind attempting to put your device into safe mode to disable all third party applications? This might help us make sure this behavior is not caused by another app interfering with your device.

You can do this by following these steps:

1. Power your device down
2. Then power it back on
3. Pressing and holding the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo

Leave your phone in this mode for up to twenty-four hours and see if you still encounter this. If you do, I would suggest that you back up your phone with Smart Switch prior to performing a factory data reset to protect your data. Let me know if we can help!

usersSRRHV3XQo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

24 hours lol Wow!!! I'm not sure I can go without my phone for that long lol

I'll try this the first window I can figure Trevor and let you know...which could be a while lol

I really appreciate your doggedness in trying to help me out. All Samsung folk that I've dealt with on this have been first class. Thanks.

usersSRRHV3XQo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bravo Trevor!

Both calendar notifications and Google app reminder notifications work perfectly well in Safe Mode.

Now, how do I go about diagnosing which third party app is causing the problem?

usersSRRHV3XQo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

GOT IT!!!!

It was the Clean Master app..which I should have known as it's remarkably spammy..which is why it was one of the first apps I tried deleting 😁

View solution in original post