cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcin390
Constellation

Replacing the back of the phone

How can I replace the cracked back of my phone?

5 REPLIES 5
Mluis682
Constellation

Re: Replacing the back of the phone

Gorilla glue

Samsung_5BR30da
Astronaut

First, you need to heat up the back and pry it off, being mindful of the fingerprint scanner cable and disconnecting it before completely removing the back. When you have your replacement back, you then need to place double sided adhesive along the frame to hold the back in place, put the fingerprint scanner in its hole on the back glass, and then gently line it up, plug the scanner back in, and then place the back on.

Elijavier22
Constellation

Ubreakifix does it for less than $100 I believe

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please note, self-repairs are not recommended as this voids any existing warranties and any available accommodations Samsung could offer. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you have insurance on your device, I would file a claim with them. Pay a very small amount, and they will replace the back glass at your house. Samsung can do it, but that'll require sending the device out. So, it depends on what your needs are. But doing it yourself is NEVER recommended. There's those ribbon cables that can snap, and other issues that can come about.