I have text messages that have disappeared with one of my contacts. They are only going back to about 4 weeks ago and there are some in between messages missing. How can I retrieve them. I have already cleaned my cache in my contact app.
What messaging app are you using? Have you tried to clear the cache on the app?
Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on the messaging app you are using > storage > clear cache.
You also have an option to wipe the system cache partition on the device to see if that helps any.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, the “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.