cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drfrisker
Constellation

S8 Active applicable MNVO

I absolutely love this phone. It's a SM-G892A and the AT&T logo shows on bootup. It does everything I want and need, and it's everything I like about a phone - durable. I can use it on my motorcycle. I can carry it around for 2-3 days and not have to charge it. The screen is a manageable size. It does everything well and good., it checks literally every box. 

However, I can't for the life of me get it to work on any MNVO.

I came from republic wireless- no go there. It's easy, install the app and it says sorry not compatible.
I switched to Google FI. These waters were very murky. The phone made calls, texts, uploaded data fine. I received texts, received data, but I would not receive calls. I went months without noticing this flaw. Job interview calls, friends, family reaching out, relationship interests, all lost. It made me sick at times. I also ended up in weird areas where I'd have perfect service one second and absolutely none the next.
I just got a freedompop sim card and I go to setup the phone. Settings->Connections, then I go to Mobile Networks to change the apn settings to freedompop, only I can't select mobile networks because it's greyed out.

I'm at wits end here. I love this phone. I absolutely hate trying to get service for it. I do not want to pay $80/mo for data, sorry. Are there any solutions? I used to flash roms and CM onto kitkat era phones so I'm not opposed to learning new tricks and trying anything technical especially because I love this thing. Also, I can afford to brick the one I have.

Are there any service providers that will correctly carry this phone and not charge my first born? Do I have to unlock it? Do I have to flash it? Please, point me in the right direction. I was never a samsung fan until I got one of these in my hands, and now I don't want to let go. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
drfrisker
Constellation

Re: S8 Active applicable MNVO

I feel like an imbecile, I forgot airplane mode was turned on. Was able to get freedompop setup with no other issues.

Re: S8 Active applicable MNVO

Lol