cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlaF0lrpabG
Asteroid

S8 Active battery swelling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The back panel of my Samsung S8 Active has started to become unattached, and from a few posts here, it seems like it may have the same battery swelling issue other users have encountered.  Can anyone help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S8 Active battery swelling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userlaF0lrpabG! I am sorry to hear about your phone! It is not recommended to use the phone until it can be serviced. Will you please send a private message with the following information so we can take care of this for you! http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:

Complete physical address:

Contact phone number:

Alternate phone number:

Email address:

Model code of phone:

IMEI number of phone: 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userlaF0lrpabG wrote:

The back panel of my Samsung S8 Active has started to become unattached, and from a few posts here, it seems like it may have the same battery swelling issue other users have encountered.  Can anyone help?

I believe @SamsungRei might be able to help you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userlaF0lrpabG! I am sorry to hear about your phone! It is not recommended to use the phone until it can be serviced. Will you please send a private message with the following information so we can take care of this for you! http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:

Complete physical address:

Contact phone number:

Alternate phone number:

Email address:

Model code of phone:

IMEI number of phone: 

View solution in original post

userlaF0lrpabG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone following or having the same issues:

Samsung repaired the issue at no cost (despite the phone being 2 years out of warranty).  They provided a paid shipping label, repaired the battery, and ran full diagnostics.  They found another issue (ghost LCD screen issue) and repaired that for free as well.  I did have to provide a proof of purchase (photo of receipt) before the phone would be returned.  Overall the whole process took about a week and a half from the time I dropped it off to UPS until I received it.