cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usero0qlUWveMy
Asteroid

S8 Active destroyed by Latest One UI update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My camera will not boot up. When I try to turn the flashlight on the phone freezes. My phone is incredibly slow. Snapchat bugs out constantly. It seems the speakers are quieter. WHAT is going on?? Full reset time, I presume? I am so upset. I rave about my samsungs and this is super disappointing. Everything is up to date.

Anyone have fixes for this stuff?? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: S8 Active destroyed by Latest One UI update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usero0qlUWveMy wrote:

My camera will not boot up. When I try to turn the flashlight on the phone freezes. My phone is incredibly slow. Snapchat bugs out constantly. It seems the speakers are quieter. WHAT is going on?? Full reset time, I presume? I am so upset. I rave about my samsungs and this is super disappointing. Everything is up to date.

Wipe cache partition:

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4) An 'Installing system update' message will show for some seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6) Press Power key to select.
7) Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9) Press the Power key to restart the device.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung_A2iLLeg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not sure how to fix it. However I experienced a similar issue. I too found Samsung much more capable than iphone, but this was a disappointment.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usero0qlUWveMy wrote:

Wipe cache partition:

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4) An 'Installing system update' message will show for some seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6) Press Power key to select.
7) Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9) Press the Power key to restart the device.

View solution in original post

usero0qlUWveMy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I did it, the camera boooted up and snapchat wasnt as slow, and the flashlight didnt freak out. I hope it stays this way! 

usero0qlUWveMy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so it took about 20 mins for the camera to stop working again Smiley Sad

usero0qlUWveMy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

h and the flashlight stopped toooooo Smiley Sad 

userEl4ehLHvlu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have had nothing but problems with my S8 Active. I've wiped the cache partition multiple times, opted out of the Google Play Services beta and gone back to the stock Google Play Services app, and even did a full factory reset yesterday. About 24 hours later my camera has stopped working again (including iris scanner), flash light not working. Prior to the factory reset I was also constantly getting the "SiIM card not inserted" error. Restarting the phone fixes all of these, but for a $900 phone I shouldn't have to restart it multiple times per day. 

My GS6 Active was awesome, but since I got the S8 Active it's been nothing but plentiful bugs and infrequent fixes. Too bad Samsung doesn't have local stores like Apple, between Samsung and AT&T there is nobody willing to support this brick. 

Yuro
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After update I find tons of bugs. Randomly. Volume, antenna power, battery life, have been nerfed. Where normally my phone was stellar in service I cannot now receive calls. Nothing changed at location.