Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kcburk
Asteroid

S8 Active wont fast charge or connect to Win10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive been having trouble with my s8 avtive. It will not fast charge or connect to my Win10 computer. Ive been using the OEM cable and charger. I get random moisture detected messages as well eventhough the port is dry. Any thoughts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kcburk
Asteroid

Re: S8 Active wont fast charge or connect to Win10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If anyone cares, I did not get satisfaction with my issue. I've been without my phone for days after sending it in for a warranty repair only to find out via EMAIL (not a phone call EMAIL cowards) that Samsung was not going to honor the warranty because the damage was the result of water damage.   ?  WATER DAMAGE?! On a WATER PROOF DEVICE!? So what i was basically told is that the device is NOT water proof only water RESISTANT. Oh! I see...So a phone that can be sumerged in 3 foot of water for 30 minutes is only water resistant! Not WATER PROOF! So the ads are a LIE! Who KNEW! Advertisements are dishonest! And Samsung follows the model of most all electronic device manufacturers and does not back up their advertisement claims AND does not believe in their OWN PRODUCT!

So long story short they wanted to charge me over $200 for a repair that should have been covered under warranty. So my advice to anyone considering purchasing Samsung products...WALK AWAY LAUGHING HISTERICALLY THAT YOU STILL HAVE YOUR MONEY AND THEY DO NOT!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Kcburk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fast charge does not work even in safe mode. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand but does it connect to your pc while in safe mode?

Kcburk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No  i get the same error. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

ive determined its a problem with my phone. My wifes S8 connected with no problems  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Kcburk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent numbers let me know what else you need  thanks for looking into my problem  

Kcburk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If anyone cares, I did not get satisfaction with my issue. I've been without my phone for days after sending it in for a warranty repair only to find out via EMAIL (not a phone call EMAIL cowards) that Samsung was not going to honor the warranty because the damage was the result of water damage.   ?  WATER DAMAGE?! On a WATER PROOF DEVICE!? So what i was basically told is that the device is NOT water proof only water RESISTANT. Oh! I see...So a phone that can be sumerged in 3 foot of water for 30 minutes is only water resistant! Not WATER PROOF! So the ads are a LIE! Who KNEW! Advertisements are dishonest! And Samsung follows the model of most all electronic device manufacturers and does not back up their advertisement claims AND does not believe in their OWN PRODUCT!

So long story short they wanted to charge me over $200 for a repair that should have been covered under warranty. So my advice to anyone considering purchasing Samsung products...WALK AWAY LAUGHING HISTERICALLY THAT YOU STILL HAVE YOUR MONEY AND THEY DO NOT!

View solution in original post