Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userD759K5GHWG
Constellation

S8+ Adapt Sound Crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having a problem where every time I try to personalize sound in the adapt sound portion of settings I get a screen telling me that Adapt Sound has stopped. Any ideas?

S8+ from T-Mobile with the latest update.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: S8+ Adapt Sound Crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you try opening the Adapt Sound menu from your Application Manager? You'll need to make sure System Apps are being shown for it to be visible on your end. While there, check out storage and see if you can clear data & wipe the cache. Once you do, force stop it completely, then try opening it again to adjust like you've been doing. Let me know if that helps at all.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

17 REPLIES 17
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you try opening the Adapt Sound menu from your Application Manager? You'll need to make sure System Apps are being shown for it to be visible on your end. While there, check out storage and see if you can clear data & wipe the cache. Once you do, force stop it completely, then try opening it again to adjust like you've been doing. Let me know if that helps at all.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userUqySNMySjK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an s8 that is having the same issue. I can't access my adapt souund through my app manager. It's in settings but doesn't give me the option to go into individual areas in settings.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oooh, so that helped you though. Clearing the data, no cache. Interesting. Can I make sure I note all your carriers? You're T-Mobile @userD759K5GHWG. How about you @userUqySNMySjK?

userUqySNMySjK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is Verizon. I was just setting everything up as I have only had the phone for about 6 hours now. My husband's phone is having the same issue it seems.

userUqySNMySjK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried the clear data vs clear cache and my phone allowed me to use the adapt sound. My husband was just able to do it as well. Thank you for helping out! Didn't expect to need to clear data or cache with a brand new phone [:

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. Thank you for that. Please post what to do here, I had to figure it out with the little infos on the replies. I had the same, I'm on swisscom. Going to phone settings, app manager, display system apps, select adapt sound, force close it, clear data and empty cache does solve the problem. 

EDIT

Sorry, I did not read the first page correctly, all the fix steps are actually there.

userpD8GZHgNiy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am on tmobile, had same issue, eared data and force stopped and it works now. This is a good solution for now. 

userD759K5GHWG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This seemed to work so far. Cleared the data (there was no cache) and force stopped. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yay! Really happy this helped out for everyone so far. Make sure to send anyone else you see experiencing this on the forums, or outside, here since it seems to be helping specifically for this. Thank you all for being so patient.