cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDfugKgxuNr
Constellation

S8/ Android pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got the update to Pie on ny s8 and its Laggy and jas delayed touch screen responses.. does anyone know how to fix or when samsung will release an update to solve this issuse ??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnMariawalker
Constellation

Re: S8/ Android pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello I think this is the problem look at this ok.video that will help your problems

https://youtu.be/H65L5XUs_b0

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

here you go give this a try hopefully it will help you i would try this before doing a full wipe but remember if you do a system reset make sure you back up all of your data before hand 

Steps to wipe cache partition on Samsung Galaxy S8

1. Make sure you turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times in order to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. After the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
Elnathan72
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you do a factory reset after the update?.. I had this happen to me a while back with Oreo & found a factory reset after a major update takes care of the problem...it did for me anyways.

JohnMariawalker
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello , I have Galaxy S8 and running oreo that's before pie and my Samsung internet browser had updated and now my phone is doing the same as yours. It dont look like pie doing your problem I think it's the Samsung internet browser cuz mine is lagging and freezing and making my phone heat up and sucking power. I think go back to backup in your online and restore apps not all your other data just apps that may fix this. I would do it but the wifi here will take me 2 days to do restore

JohnMariawalker
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello I think this is the problem look at this ok.video that will help your problems

https://youtu.be/H65L5XUs_b0

user6NuJ7VEMRD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userNA5yHNSkLA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not happy with my S8 PIE update. I can't get any notifications over the phone while Bluetooth is connected. If I turn off media in the Bluetooth settings then when I use maps for example it only come through the phone. Bad and Ugly Update.