cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzhwpGhyEyf
Constellation

S8 April 9, 19 Alarm on Lock Screen issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First of all, this is only one of the many problems I have encountered since the 04/09/19 update on my S8, and it is not the worst. When my alarm went off the last few mornings, I cannot turn it off or hit snooze by simply tapping it like I used to. I had to unlock my phone to turn it off (The fingerprint reader rarely works no matter how many times or fingers I re-do, so I have to type in my code).

Related to this issue is the fact that my "Always on" display is never on unless I tap it. Despite comments in other forums, I could find no setting that leaves the clock always on so that I can use it for my bedside clock. I tried fixing it for nearly an hour, which is about 57 minutes longer than it took for me the very first time I set it up my "Always on" clock, (that stayed on), before this lousey update.

I will address the other problems in separate comments.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
akmommy18
Constellation

Re: S8 April 9, 19 Alarm on Lock Screen issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you update your Always On app then you can change it back to continuous.  Go to the about always on display and it will let you know if you need to updated.  Once updated you can go to your settings, lock screen, always on display - turn it on and then also click on it so it goes to a second page, scroll down to display mode and update to show always. Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
akmommy18
Constellation

Re: S8 April 9, 19 Alarm on Lock Screen issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you update your Always On app then you can change it back to continuous.  Go to the about always on display and it will let you know if you need to updated.  Once updated you can go to your settings, lock screen, always on display - turn it on and then also click on it so it goes to a second page, scroll down to display mode and update to show always. Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post