cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xitixen
Asteroid

S8 Bluetooth cannot Force Stop or forget devices

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A passcode has changed on a previously paired device. In my Bluetooth device screen, there is no option to forget or edit this device - it will only continue to send the same incorrect code.

There's supposed to be a gear or i icon to the right of the device name - there is not. Not for any of my paired devices. 

You're supposed to be able to clear the cache and data with a Force Stop for the Bluetooth app. Every time I press the Force Stop button, it asks for confirmation, then simply reappears. Dozens of times. It never gets to the screen where you can purge the cache or data. 

Samsung support had no answer for this. I have to send the phone in for a problem with the mic not working, and they're adding this note to the ticket. Has anyone ever seen this? Actual parts of the interface missing? I've found no mention of this anywhere on the net.

The last update was installed yesterday - September 5th. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: S8 Bluetooth cannot Force Stop or forget devices

JUMP TO SOLUTION

take it to the nearest ubreakifix. they will be able to diagnose and tell you what the options are.

11 REPLIES 11

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@xitixen Have you tried long pressing on the device name to see if the option to forget it populates?

xitixen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep. Double-tap, multi-tap, firm press, long press, staccato tap, vigorous press, full-body press, you name it, I tried it. Only result each time was yet another doomed attempt to pair using that old code.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

take it to the nearest ubreakifix. they will be able to diagnose and tell you what the options are.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbcMKA9DSlI; Thank you for helping out!

xitixen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's where I took it for the mic-not-working thing. They were unable to repair that problem, and indicated there was a fault in the motherboard. That's why I now have to mail my phone to a big, ultra-awesome repair center who will need up to a week to sort things out. I added the Bluetooth strangeness to that ticket, so hopefully they'll have some answers. Fingers crossed.

Fortunately I can borrow a friend's old iPhone 5 that uses the same SIM card, so I might not be totally hosed, from a business standpoint. The curse of WhatsApp.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@xitixen; If at any point you need us to look at your service request and give you a status update, please feel free to reference your transaction number. We will follow up with you once we have an update. Thanks!

xitixen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's awesome. Thanks for the offer!

xitixen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'd like to take you up on your offer to look into this ticket.

A Samsung rep told me to call them again once they'd received my phone to have them tag the repair for expediting. On Monday I did that. Hadn't heard anything since, so today (Friday) I called them and found that a technician had replaced a component yesterday, and that once it was shipped I could receive a UPS tracking number. I'm supposed to call them back Monday or Tuesday to find out if they shipped it. That's all the info they could provide.

Any more insights you could dig up would be massively appreciated. I never realized just how much I relied on my phone. This week has been really problematic for my client interactions. Apparently copying or moving WhatsApp conversations between Android and iOS is extremely problematic, so the longer I'm on an old (old old) iPhone, the more documentation I'm going to lose when I switch back. And I'm missing info that was traded before, which is getting increasingly awkward to explain to clients. No one seems to understand that a phone can require a week or more to repair. If I keep hearing "just get a new phone" or "that's why I use an iPhone" sort of nonsense I'm gonna lose my cool. Seems there's not a lot of patience out there these days. Smiley Frustrated

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@xitixen If you'd like to send us the service ticket number via a private message (http://bit.ly/2n71OsS), we can look it up and provide the UPS tracking number as soon as the service center processes it.