cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEpIh5pClvD
Constellation

S8 Flashlight Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Every time I press the flashlight button from the Notification tray, I get a message saying the light can't open because the camera is using it. Even when I restart the phone, it will give me this message without ever opening the camera. The button is partially lit, as if the flashlight is either turning on or off.

20171209_151711.pngUploaded from community android app.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userEpIh5pClvD
Constellation

Re: S8 Flashlight Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turns out it was an app causing the problem. Third Eye, which captures a picture when the phone password is incorrectly pressed, had my camera in use, so I couldn't used the LED. It was also causing screen flickers on any video I watched, regardless the app. Once uninstalled, the flickers stopped, as well as, the flashlight issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
userL7hoiIq7bO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ione thing you could maybe try is force stopping the camera app, hold the app and then go into app info
userEpIh5pClvD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
thanks for the suggestion. I cant try it yet though; I haven't had the problem since the update yesterday on Mobile. If it happens again, I will provide feedback. Thanks again.
userEpIh5pClvD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turns out it was an app causing the problem. Third Eye, which captures a picture when the phone password is incorrectly pressed, had my camera in use, so I couldn't used the LED. It was also causing screen flickers on any video I watched, regardless the app. Once uninstalled, the flickers stopped, as well as, the flashlight issue.

View solution in original post

userzjzmqtVXak
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
None of the answers is correct. I was also frustrated from this issue in the past. Whenever I tried to turn on torch in my lock screen, the error message displays "unable to turn on torch, camera light is being used by camera". This is not because of any third party app. So now I am giving you a very simple solution without reseting your phone. Just restart to safe mode, and what you have to do is just remove your password or pin and set your screen lock as none or swipe. Then turn off and on the screen. Your torch will absolutely work.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzjzmqtVXak Thank you for this information!

user7bs7v33kgx
Constellation

Re: S7 edge Flashlight Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of the solutioms worked for my s7 edge. Same issue including camera not working. Please help. So far i have:

Cleared cache for camera and system from boot

Cleared data for camera

Resets

Safe mode

NEW FIRMWARE (from 6.0 to Nougat)

Camera did work initially after the firmware change..then went back.

userkpTR198mZg
Asteroid

Re: S7 edge Flashlight Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We’re you able to fix this? 

I get Warning Camera Failed , camera doesn’t work

flashlight doesn’t work says Camera app being used by another app.

userieE7iZAsn6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesn't work for me... I've never set up a pin or password.