cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tausif4786
Asteroid

S8+ OTG stop working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Samsung S8 plus and recentley I tried to conect my pendrive to my phone with orignal otg adapter but it didn't work.Then I tried to plug in something else like mousekeyboard and card reader for multiple times, still no any prompt on my phone at all. However, when I try to connect it to my laptop with usb cable, everything are working properly. I'll check my OTG adapter on other phone its working ok.

I factory reseted phone and it still dosen't work. Need your help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S8+ OTG stop working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Since your OTG is working normally in safe mode, that means a third-party app is causing this to happen. I recommend deleting your most recent apps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

tausif4786
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After your valuable reply I'll try it and my otg is working well in safe mode but still doesn't work in normal mode. I'm install ES File Explorer from google play store and my connected pen drive show in this app but not show notification and also don't  show in pre installed Samsung File Manager.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Since your OTG is working normally in safe mode, that means a third-party app is causing this to happen. I recommend deleting your most recent apps.

View solution in original post

tausif4786
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Sir, after removing some app my phone otg is working well. Thanks for your valuable support and it was a great experience for me to discuss with you, your supporting replay is very fast.

user97qxuQAFGV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having a similar problem. Which apps did you remove from your phone?

Highlighted
userWzNyJZitM7
Asteroid

S8 OTG stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

I have similar problem, I have an S8 and the OTG (hooked to a pen drive) stopped working 3 weeks ago (it has always been working), the phone now will not detect the usb flash drive.  I am using the original adpater that came with the phone.  The adapater and pen drive is in working condition, I tested them on my second S8.  This problem is not resolve even I put my phon;e in safe mode.  Please help.... .... Thanks in advance.

Phone Model   SM-G9500

One UI V 1.0

Android v 9

Baseband v G9500ZHU4DSH3

Kernel v 4.4.153-16246896   #2 Thu Aug 22  17:35:22 KST 2019

SE for Android status  Enforcing SEPF_SM-G9500_9_004  Thu Aug 22  17:06:21 KST 2019

Knox version  Knox 3.2.1   Knox API level 27

TIMA 3.3.0

Security software v  ASKS v2.1.0 Release 190226

ADP v2.0 Release 180525

FIPS BoringSSL v 1.3

FIPS SKC v1.8

FIPS SCrypto v2.0

SMR Aug-2019 Release 1

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S8 OTG stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWzNyJZitM7 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps to clearing the cache partition. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
userWzNyJZitM7
Asteroid

Re: S8 OTG stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungQue,

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  I have remove quite a bit of apps and followed your easy clear instruction to clear cache to no avail. Is there other step I can take to troubleshoot this?  I think the OTG USB C is not giving power.  I am able to use my GearVR if I plug the power cord into the Vr goggle itself....

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,

Beagle