cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyle Lancaster
Cosmic Ray

S8 Official Oreo Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wondering, but isn't the Oreo Update supposed to be released today January 17th for the S8?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dreadsta
Halo

Re: S8 Official Oreo Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The beta testing program was set to end January 15. This date was extended to the 17th. There is not a set date when it will be publicly released. Now the update goes to the carriers, and they will release it. So in short, soon(hopfully). I have t-mobile and I am very pleased with them, but if they hurried this process up I would love them.

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Dreadsta
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The beta testing program was set to end January 15. This date was extended to the 17th. There is not a set date when it will be publicly released. Now the update goes to the carriers, and they will release it. So in short, soon(hopfully). I have t-mobile and I am very pleased with them, but if they hurried this process up I would love them.

Tailgunner747
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish on the screen clock it had options for color of second hand Also.  I like Red second hand.

Rsnic
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just read they pushed it back yet again.  Samsung just doesn't care.  Expensive damned phone and older cheaper phones already have Oreo.  Last damned Samsung I'll purchase. 

Dreadsta
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If they didnt care they would just release it knowing there were bugs and problems. So they can release a buggy product(which will get a lot of complaints), or make it work which takes time(which will get a lot of complaints). So either way there are gonna be complaints. 

user2vGUh152mC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree with the disappointment regarding Samsungs "lack of effort" towards dedicating resources to releasing Oreo 8 for G-S8 / S8+ users in the USA! The reality that the arrogant  Samsung engineers knowingly chose to send US device owners a degrading message in the form of silence regarding anything pertaining to expected release date of the "overdue"  update did not come close to how PISSED OFF i have been ever since I confirmed that the outdated security patch has been source of the intermittent functionality problems that I have continued to experience within my LYFT rideshare application  which in turn has impacted my revenue stream on an unacceptable level! The final diagnosis of Application problems was recognized and relayed to myself by Lyft tech. In software development.  To top it off, like many other members,  I decided to "waste my valuable" time reaching out to my carrier (xfinity) and Samsung with hopes of finding someone who was willing to step out of their simple minded cubicle of regrettable underachievment long enough to consult with a "shot caller" whom could manage to grasp the severity of my particular situation and then respond appropriately to my fair- simple request for an opportunity to  trade out my S8 for a Samsung device   that was equipped with the updated software but HELL NAW because the application functionality issues was not impacting Samsung ROI QUOTA  - revenue stream on  scale anywhere near what it has myself and or the other US rideshare members whom may or may not be experinecing similar connectivity issues followed by the inability and or unwillingness to entertain the idea of following thru with thier greedy policy driven option of paying off existiing device (that knowingly continues to function below operating standards) in order to meet the eligibility requirements set forth by yet another investor controlled corporate conglomerate made up of a board rm full of over compensated dicks (aka: puppet masters) who are quick to abuse thier power by resorting to the "loopholes" in which give them the power to reclassify policy sections for the purpose of directing the outcome in thier favor. The fact that Samsung decided to structure the smartphone contract in a manner which does not include "special circumstances" that would offer my carrier the opportunity to continue practicing the very business ethics in which built the foundation of trust primarily responsible for thier ability to expand - I cant help but regonoize such a business relationship as "synergy gone wrong"!  However,  sad reality is that similar greed and or desperation will continue to represent the outcome of a great company that outgrows superior leadership, eventually getting the attention of cut throat corporations who are capable of much worse than the crooked act of taking advantage of smaller companies and thier customers by forcing them to implement "special -synergistic" rules which contradict other important polocies which were originally put in place to "Protect" the customers from the poor business ethics of any company desperate enough to implement and or enforce a policy which refuses customers the right to endure appropriate support following  thier experience with a device that operates below standards , the only way to get the attention of self absorbed imdustry leaders who fail to care anything about the abundance of small vested - commited customer base initially responsible for the overall life of the said company is to form a team of impacted customers who is willing and able to commit to a plan  capable of infecting their pocketbook. 

MJL
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree. Samsung is not delivering. 

I propose they upgrade our S8,s to S9,s immediately for FREE.

userRSALkufpwp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish!

Gr8man001
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No more Samsung devices, switching to Google device. You will see because of many angry customers S9 sales will not be same as S8.