Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rsnic
Halo

Re: S8 Official Oreo Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Amin khoja,

While it was slow in coming, I got mine from my carrier, T-Mobile. 

Suggest that you contact your cell phone carrier

Hope that helps

Al
user8bQ4zWsqPU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone! We currently can't speculate when Oreo will be rolled out or to what devices but I can assure you when we know, we will let the Community know.

user6HJblhkzR6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Blows my mind that oneplus has Oreo already. I bought my galaxy s8 plus straight from Samsung, no carrier. I should have the update by now. 😑😑 I knew I should of bought the Google pixel 2 xl instead.  

userDrg0cNQJvE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yeah upset to see my friend has the s6 and it updated to android 7.0 same as my new s8 android 7.0 dont understand that at all.

....??

iGrau
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you don't even know how to change your default username, how can you expect to understand how the updates work and why they release it. Regardless if you use Nougat or Oreo, it would be pretty useless for you. smh.

JimLopes
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like March 19th is the date for the s8 and s8+ for U.S. 

HerOwnMind2018
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Supposedly the Oreo update started rolling out again today. News from SamMobile I think. 

Dreadsta
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah in Germany. I am definatly not holding my breath. I have a T-mobile branded S8 in the US, and with Samsung not giving up any info for a timeline for anyone it may take another few months.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Dreadsta wrote:

Yeah in Germany. I am definatly not holding my breath. I have a T-mobile branded S8 in the US, and with Samsung not giving up any info for a timeline for anyone it may take another few months.

I feel ya man. I have verizon (the slowest carrier for updates). So I can hope for a speedy update, but it most likely be 2020 till i see it.  That's another reason i side loaded Oreo unto my phone.. i'm sick of carrier hold ups.