cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: S8 Official Oreo Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They don't care.  They have your money. They want you to get the new 9. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They don't care.  They want to drive 9 sales.  We don't matter to them.  

Dreadsta
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'd be happy if they just release the firmware. I would be totally satisfied if I had to install the update myself. I dont need the ota. I can sideload easy enough.

Ron Kinney
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Calm down people, Oreo isn't a earth shattering upgrade.

userP91hdcIApQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do not cry... wait till you install.

So far Oreo did this (S8):

- ruined my DeX (no way to force FHD resolution, now my 24" Sun which has 1920x1200 native, displays only 1900x600) worked as a charm before update

- restarted all of a sudden when inserting into DeX

- didn't asked for master pin during that restart... asked for it 20 minutes later (already off dex) when I tried to unlock it with fingerprint - looks like quite big security flaw to me

Still waitin for new cookie? Smiley Wink

Rsnic
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Got a Google Feed this morning about Android 8.0 out for testing on a device, so I just thought I'd check again for my device.  So I went to software update on my Samsung S8 (T-Mobile is my carrier) and manually checked for updates.

After about 20 minutes or so, voila, I now have Android 8.0 on my phone, fnally

Excelsior!

Al
userJrHsQw0504
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My DEX resolution is also ruined (worked fine as 1900x1200 HD before, now downscaled and basically unusable at 1900x600).  Have you figured out a solution?

dw

DreamChaser98
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm curious, has anybody received the public official release for Oreo yet? I've been patiently waiting for the Oreo release and I haven't been able to download it yet sadly I'm with at&t, USA eastern. Does anyone possibly have an idea on when this will be released? (Sm-g950u)

userbdkZSZtnnD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received the update this morning and my battery has been being draining  a lot faster than usual. I'm not happy with the update because of that. 

useroGtPPYkncK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Boost Mobile updated to Oreo as well, did not see any significant changes in battery behavior. Would suggest going thru the settings to make sure the default settings have not been changed,  such as screen resolution and GPS etc.