cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userswRdivW3Tp
Asteroid

Re: S8 Oreo Update - US?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They need to hurry up And start the oreo rollout in USA right now. I feel like we've been waiting for evet

Highlighted
Wheezie
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update is here, but once it is sent out to your service providrt, they test it for their network & your service provider may add or take away new programs. 

A FLARE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you replying without reading? Cause everyone here is looking for carrier unlocked and people keep replying with "Samsung doesn't send out the updates." Maybe read before answering?

userwiNmqTKFRu
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not specifically replying to anything. I'm just voicing my opinion why we still do not have the official Oreo. Just so you know I'm with the beta testers and I have the Oreo beta in my unlocked S8, which I bought directly from Samsung and I do not have any major issues right now.

Updates come from the manufacturers and then to the service providers. If the manufacturers do not send timely updates then you will not get timely updates from your service provider. In addition if you are waiting for a carrier update you might even get it before me. The beta users were told that we would be the first ones to receive the official update. Well, its Mar 7 and I am still on beta 😁. 

userNTON0byfIj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am from Thailand. Still my S8 plus has nougat. I contacted Samsung by email and they replied for Thailand latest version for S8 plus is android 7 and they don't have any information when there will be update available. S8 plus is very expensive phone, Samsung should provide update at same time to every country. Samsung spent long time for beta program to update s8 plus to android 8. Huawei has updated all flagship phone from last 2 years to android 8 Oreo. If Huawei can do it then Samsung should try to provide update fast. I am thinking to switch to Google pixel 2 xl or next coming Google pixel 3. Google pixel update same time Google releases new android version and no need to wait. Samsung is getting worst in updating software.

DOS Corleone
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regardless of carrier-specific update/code pushes, this seems to be a [relatively] common trend with Samsung. It seems as though they provide more support for every other flagship phone that is released. In this case I would say that the S8 and S8+ is on the less supported end of this trend.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DOS Corleone this is business per usual for Samsung. They are still right on schedule based on their previous Android updates.

userwiNmqTKFRu
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Judging by the number of posts here I have to assume that not too many people are eager to get the Oreo update. Even if we try to promote boycotting of samsung phones due to slow updates, it will continue on business as usual. I still own an S8 but I recently bought a Pixel 2. I will miss Samsung's customization of the Android OS but at least my Pixel will get the timely updates from Google. I will be a Google phone buyer from now on. I really can't see Samsung issuing OS updates on a timely basis due to the Exp. 9.0 custom OS. Good luck guys. 

P.S. I'll probably get the Android P in my Pixel 2 before I get the Oreo update in my S8.😁

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userwiNmqTKFRu very true. Hopefully with Project Treble updates in the future will be issued much faster. Google phones have their fair share of problems. I'm thinking about switching soon myself, but want to wait for a couple more generations of Pixels (and the Galaxy X) before committing for sure.

userUuuAQDfT7x
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are so right