cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabisdaddi
Cosmic Ray

S8+: Samsung Cloud says full but folder is empty?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my S8+, in Settings | CLOUD AND ACCOUNTS | Samsung Cloud | Manage cloud storage, it says 14.77 GB of 15 GB used.

The Gallery option is slider, on or off only. When I touch Manage cloud storage it shows

98%, Used space 14.77GB / 15GB

BACKED UP DATA

Device data 12.02MB

SYNCED DATA
Gallery 14.76GB

When I go to My Files, it shows Samsung Cloud Drive 14.77GB/15.00GB
However, and here's the thing, when I go into the Samsung Cloud Drive, it shows as empty.

Where are the over fourteen gig of Gallery files?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gabisdaddi
Cosmic Ray

Re: S8+: Samsung Cloud says full but folder is empty?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's the issue: Files in MY FILES is not the same thing as Gallery pictures. Files are documents and pdfs and such. To see the pictures in Samsung Cloud Gallery, you have to go into Gallery | Settings | Cloud View. In my opinion this is a stupid way to do things. Why hide the the actual Samsung Cloud Gallery in the Settings Menu???

Further, what is even more outgragiously assinine is that when a file that is in the Samsung Cloud Gallery is deleted the file is actually deleted from the phone itself. How ridiculous!!!!! Why would the Cloud deletion have any bearing on whether I want the image deleted from my phone?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Gabisdaddi Have you taken a look at some of our FAQ's about the Samsung Cloud here? It includes various instructions on how to access different folders in your Cloud but if you still have questions, you can reach out to our dedicated team directly at 1-855-795-0509.

Gabisdaddi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"taken a look at some of our FAQ's about the Samsung Cloud"?

The only relevant info there are these two questions

Where do I find Samsung Cloud Drive?

You can see Samsung Cloud Drive by following the steps below:
■ Settings > Cloud and accounts > Samsung Cloud > Drive (If you have Samsung Cloud app version 3.X or higher) or
■ My Files > Samsung Cloud Drive

How do I use Samsung Cloud?

If your device supports Samsung Cloud you can activate it in the Settings menu.
- Sync
■ Settings > Cloud and accounts > Samsung Cloud or
■ Settings > Cloud and accounts or Accounts > Samsung accounts > Sync settings or
■ Settings > Cloud and accounts > Samsung Cloud > Gallery, Samsung Notes, or Other phone data (If you have Samsung Cloud app version 3.X or higher)
- Backup/Restore
■ Settings > Cloud and accounts > Samsung Cloud > Backup settings/Restore or
■ Settings > Cloud and accounts > Backup and restore > Backup settings/Restore or
■ Settings > Cloud and accounts > Samsung Cloud > Backup and restore > Select device > Back up data/Restore data (If you have Samsung Cloud app version 3.X or higher)

My original post clearly shows that I'm past both of those. This was a step backwards.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Gabisdaddi I apologize for my confusion. Were you able to reach out to our dedicated team and get further assistance?

Gabisdaddi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's the issue: Files in MY FILES is not the same thing as Gallery pictures. Files are documents and pdfs and such. To see the pictures in Samsung Cloud Gallery, you have to go into Gallery | Settings | Cloud View. In my opinion this is a stupid way to do things. Why hide the the actual Samsung Cloud Gallery in the Settings Menu???

Further, what is even more outgragiously assinine is that when a file that is in the Samsung Cloud Gallery is deleted the file is actually deleted from the phone itself. How ridiculous!!!!! Why would the Cloud deletion have any bearing on whether I want the image deleted from my phone?

View solution in original post

Harsha1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any work through to keep deleted files on device storage?

HARSHA
user62v81i0cnL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can always back up your photos to Amazon (if you have Prime), to Google photos (setting it up so phone gallery deletions don't delete Google cloud photos), or purchase a home server to back up all your files and folders using syncme or some other such app. 

This way, you can delete photos from your device and Samsung cloud after they're backed up to your other storage places and still have room in Samsung cloud and your phone. 

I just use Samsung cloud to back up everything I want restored to my phone in case I lose it, have to wipe it, or get a new phone. 

user5KhuLV3Y4o
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can now delete the Cloud gallery without deleting the media from your device!

In order to stop getting the cloud is full message every morning, this is how I've just done it on my Galaxy S9:

Settings : Samsung Cloud : Gallery: "Delete all Gallery data in cloud"

The next sccreen will prompt you for your Samsung account password, and states: "The Gallery data on your phone will not be deleted."

rota7070
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung for sakes top doin software. You guys suck on it.

Why I cannot have a backup if I am using just 300MB of 15Gb?

What is the point of offering a service if you guys don't give a how it works?

Stop.

Let's Google do it.

userxbGToEu9pB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so what we are saying here, is that my images that are on the Samsung cloud are there forever, and I cant ever view them on my PC.. so if I get rid of this samsung phone and get an iphone, I can't restore the images.  

I guess I am going to now backup my pics, and never own another Samsung phone.. because of "security reasons"  .  I can view the pics on my iPad on the web.

RIP S8, last samsung I'll ever own, after 6 of them. I am tired of this junk, getting a Google Phone.   Prob a lot faster too after a month.  This phone slows to a crawl after a few months.