cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEGFRzxS8Nk
Asteroid

Re: S8+ Scratching easily

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I've had mine for about a week and am extremely carefull with all devices. I'm a photographer and I have to handle lenses constantly, so I'm a bit compulsive about fragile things, including the proper cleaning cloths and so on. Took a look at the back of my s8 just a moment ago... random scratches.

Such a shame, it's a beautiful piece of work. I guess we'll just have to wait until all of the scratches become more uniform and appear as some sort of design. 

Highlighted
Teresama67
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I pre ordered my s8 and received it early and I've kept mine in tech 21 wallet case and screen protector / no scratches on mine at all ...great device

userEGFRzxS8Nk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah... I hate cases.
They kind of defeat the purpose of the time and artistry that went into the physical design in the first place.

userBCduPfzcrM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I actually found a line scratch on mine.  I swear I had it in the case since I bought it.  A few weeks later I took the phone out just to look at it.  On the back I have a straight line scratch.  I don't even know how it could of got there since I had the case on from purchase.  

user5CcAvpTDRS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's true, after 3 weeks of use with flip phone cover, I have big screen scratch, in the middle. How, When, don't know! Rubbish screen! 

userZQymKcDLBV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup!  Totally pissed!!  This beautiful screen is very scratched after a month of careful use with a case. I've I've tried a couple tempered glass screen protectors hoping the adhesive would fill in the scratches, but they were not good quality.  A very scratch prone screen with little to no option for screen protectors except the terrible film plastic versions.

I can't wait for the Pixel 2 to come out.  I gave Samsung a chance again and I'm pretty disappointed.  My phone is very buggy.  Google Assistant doesn't work, frequent app crashes, and the finger print ready isn't very accurate and totally craps out sometimes...  

Maybe I got a dud....

user3GP8bO77hz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM 2ND DAY AND SCREEN SCRATCHES AT THE LOWER EDGE

userZEfIIDe4ED
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue with my s8. Had it a week now and 4 scratches with 0 drops. I also have gotten good about putting the phone in its own pocket over the years, with nothing else. I even put on a liquid protector after the first 2. Never had this happened to a phone before. 

I may have to return soon. This is nuts.

useryggHU9MFvP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just thought I would add my voice to the chorus. I have a s6 for two years and no screen protector and no scratches. Two week old s8 two lines of micro scratches down both sides. So disappointed.😣😣

userzUmrCOxXSt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm on my second phone. First one had olecphobic coating pealing. My replacement phone has smudge marks that's feels like scratches but you can't even see it. Just looks like the coating is pealing again.